Rustys disappointed me big time...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 01:47 PM
MJ>XJ

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default Rustys disappointed me big time...

Today i finally just had to cut my losses and cancel my order with Rustys offroad. It sucks because i had a bad taste from about 2 years ago that was nothing major. With them being in AL shipping for my order was so cheap it beat the fact the price was slightly higher than others by a long shot. I see time and time again items i would love to buy from them in time (like the 4.5in MJ springs nobody else has).

I ordered front and rear fiberglass bedsides from them 2.5 MONTHS ago... yes MONTHS.

About 3 weeks after they never showed i called and asked what was going on. They said that their entire order from there supplier was damaged in shipping. Understandable. They told me i would see them within the month. Thats a long time but i was in Afghanistan and had nothing better to do but wait anyways. Plenty of time to get the truck done for Jeeptoberfest in Ocala FL. A month later i heard nothing so i emailed asking what was going on and told him i was probably just going to cancel and go a different rout, that i needed the stuff soon for a ride. He told me he already shipped my front fenders without the rear. I said ok then ill keep waiting. 3 days AFTER that i got a email saying everything had shipped. 2 days after that i got my front fenders but no bedsides. Called them and they told me they only shipped the front fenders that the bedsides they didnt even have set. Thats not what the email told me. Not only that, this means he DIDNT already ship the fenders and that he shipped them 3 days after he told me he already did (hints why the email) so i wouldnt cancel the front fenders. I was told over and over i would get the bedsides but still have not gotten them 2.5 months later. I called today to cancel as im going a different rout. I have Jeeptoberfest next weekend and dont have anymore time to wait. I called, cancelled, got NO sorrys, got NO "hey call your next order in and we will take 15% off, not a dang thing. Just a OK...

2.5months, no sorrys, no help... first and last time i order from them i guess... sucks...
Old 10-18-2013, 02:15 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L

I had issues with Rustys with parts failing, and Taking months to get warranty replacements
Old 10-18-2013, 06:16 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never had an issue. You should try and talk to someone else other than who you are getting on the phone.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:21 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0

Never liked rustys. I bought a d30 diff guard from rusty himself at a jeep show. Turns out it was only for a hp d30 and I had a lp. There wasn't a hole in the guard to open the fill plug.(on a hp the plug is above the guard) Went back later that day and he told me "all sales final" wouldn't even give me "store credit" said I should make sure I'm buying the right part the first time
Old 10-18-2013, 08:41 PM
MJ>XJ

Originally Posted by NickH
I've never had an issue. You should try and talk to someone else other than who you are getting on the phone.
My emails have been with Rusty himself. At least signed that. A couple have been with someone else and then some lady on the phone. Not sure theres many more to talk to.

Originally Posted by xjfirefighter
Never liked rustys. I bought a d30 diff guard from rusty himself at a jeep show. Turns out it was only for a hp d30 and I had a lp. There wasn't a hole in the guard to open the fill plug.(on a hp the plug is above the guard) Went back later that day and he told me "all sales final" wouldn't even give me "store credit" said I should make sure I'm buying the right part the first time
Thats along the lines of why i had a grudge a couple years ago. Something he told a friend that my friend didnt take personally but i sure did for him...
Old 10-18-2013, 08:47 PM

Year: 2001
Engine: I-6

I bought a muffler and tail pipe from them the tail pipe is great but the muffler is junk ! Its a cherry bomb and the inside baffle is turned backwards .
I tried dealing with cherry bomb they have not replyed its been 3 weeks. I even sent pictures. I know better from the reveiws of some to not deal with Rustys.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:12 PM
MJ>XJ

theres bad reviews for every company out there though... i try and use them all till they do me wrong... its just good to pay attention to when ya do decide to buy something...
Old 10-18-2013, 09:44 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by huntingman2706217
theres bad reviews for every company out there though... i try and use them all till they do me wrong... its just good to pay attention to when ya do decide to buy something...
True but all these bad reviews are years old and current so their service has not changed