Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 09:07 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1989
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Rough Country Pissed me off

I order a 6.5 Rough Country lift and the control arms were on backorder. Thought I would have to wait, but after reading and someone on here telling me I could use the lift with my stocks, since I ordered the control arm drop kit too, I told them to send the kit with out the control arms only. They guy there said ok and told me I would receive everything but the arms. I was happy.

Well, I got the kit today and went to the shop to install them. We took the rear apart and started. After I install the rear leafs I find that there are no shackles. I was mad but said Ok ill get them later b/c I already have my own set of them. Then started looking and it looked like more was missing. I call them and a retard got on the phone and pissed me off more. I pull up the site and tell him all that is missing. (pitman arm, shackles, sway bar disco, TC drop, U bolts and all the little hardware)

He finds out that all that comes in the box with the control arms and I would have to wait for the control arms. At this point the jeep is half started. I told him how I was told I would get everything. Then what he said next pissed me off more. He said I would have to buy another set just to get them. I was mad b/c I was told I would have it all and then they guy says I need to buy more stuff so I can get it now.

Moral of the story I should have checked everything first and that tomorrow morning the guys up there will here from me again, and if all goes well it will be over nighted to me. Just wanted to vent again to everyone.
Thanks
Frankie
Old 06-27-2009, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 jeep cherokee classic

Thanks that is good to know before I go out and spend $899.95 for the 6.5 rough country lift kit. Also does the kit need anything else or can I just buy the kit and install it and go off roading.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:07 PM

Year: 2000
Engine: Inline 6

This intrigues me, I'm also planning on buying the RC 6.5" lift
Old 06-28-2009, 12:55 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by jeep 101
Thanks that is good to know before I go out and spend $899.95 for the 6.5 rough country lift kit. Also does the kit need anything else or can I just buy the kit and install it and go off roading.

you need bigger tires
Old 06-28-2009, 02:19 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 2001

Originally Posted by 89whiteXJ
I order a 6.5 Rough Country lift and the control arms were on backorder. Thought I would have to wait, but after reading and someone on here telling me I could use the lift with my stocks, since I ordered the control arm drop kit too, I told them to send the kit with out the control arms only. They guy there said ok and told me I would receive everything but the arms. I was happy.

Well, I got the kit today and went to the shop to install them. We took the rear apart and started. After I install the rear leafs I find that there are no shackles. I was mad but said Ok ill get them later b/c I already have my own set of them. Then started looking and it looked like more was missing. I call them and a retard got on the phone and pissed me off more. I pull up the site and tell him all that is missing. (pitman arm, shackles, sway bar disco, TC drop, U bolts and all the little hardware)

He finds out that all that comes in the box with the control arms and I would have to wait for the control arms. At this point the jeep is half started. I told him how I was told I would get everything. Then what he said next pissed me off more. He said I would have to buy another set just to get them. I was mad b/c I was told I would have it all and then they guy says I need to buy more stuff so I can get it now.

Moral of the story I should have checked everything first and that tomorrow morning the guys up there will here from me again, and if all goes well it will be over nighted to me. Just wanted to vent again to everyone.
Thanks
Frankie

Hey man, sorry that happened. I don't know why the hardware is included with the arms. That don't make much sense to me. I mean if they get arms from their manufacturer, it won't have hardware included with it, just the arms ya know. But people make mistakes and I hope they fix it for ya.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:09 AM
CF Veteran

Well, the only major thing I think you would need extra are the extended brake lines for the front and as stated bigger tires.

So, after calling them again they said they dont ship out the other stuff b/c then some one would have to go out and pull the parts from the warehouse. Basically the manager there told me i was stuck, but after some arguing I finally got him to at least try to make it happen. And guess what it did. They were such *** to me about how its not possible but it did. I did have to pay for next day air but I needed the parts.

I got them Fri. after noon and we finished the lift basically Fri. night. On Sat. we set up the Trac bar and test drove. No Death wobble, and no vides from drive shaft just tries. I do not have an SYE. On, Sunday it went to a Mud Bog in Palatka, FL. Checkout HOGWALLERMUDBOG.COM

Oh, yeah and the manager told me it would not work with the stock arms and that I would have a crazy death wobble. I showed him wrong.

Last edited by nick_n_ii; 08-28-2009 at 11:34 PM. Reason: language
Old 06-29-2009, 06:34 AM
CF Veteran

Well, the only major thing I think you would need extra are the extended brake lines for the front and as stated bigger tires.

So, after calling them again they said they dont ship out the other stuff b/c then some one would have to go out and pull the parts from the warehouse. Basically the manager there told me i was stuck, but after some arguing I finally got him to at least try to make it happen. And guess what it did. They were such a$$e$ to me about how its not possible but it did. I did have to pay for next day air but I needed the parts.

I got them Fri. after noon and we finished the lift basically Fri. night. On Sat. we set up the Trac bar and test drove. No Death wobble, and no vides from drive shaft just tries. I do not have an SYE. On, Sunday it went to a Mud Bog in Palatka, FL. Checkout HOGWALLERMUDBOG.COM

Oh, yeah and the manager told me it would not work with the stock arms and that I would have a crazy death wobble. I showed him wrong.
Glad it worked out for ya man.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:41 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by muddeprived
Glad it worked out for ya man.

Thanks. Just want everyone to know so they do not have the same type of problems.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:27 PM

Engine: 4.0 litre
Default RC 6.5

Dang i didn't know Rough Country was like that. I have a Rancho and I didn't have any prob at all but I am ready to change my lift out cause mine is around 3 years old. (If you get a 6.5" get 35" or 36" tires
I had a 4" and 33" were perfect and when I went 6.5" lift 36" tires are perfect. But note if you want good articulation don't use the 5 or 6" bump stops that come with it. I used them and you can't flex as much as you need on trails. I used the stock ones that were like 1 1/2" so it would keep my axle from hitting my frame but other then that 6.5 is awesome but run bigger tires then 33"
Old 06-29-2009, 11:29 PM
aka Wade-O

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 1989 Comanche

and thats why you look to see if you have everything you need before tearing your jeep apart.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:57 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by 89eliminator
and thats why you look to see if you have everything you need before tearing your jeep apart.
Yeah I know I learned that with this one. I just figured they would do it right but in the end I got everything I needed. Still waiting on the arms but its all good. They are ok in my book again. Also, as most people say Rough Country is a rough ride. I dont know if its b/c its new or just will stay like that. I like i though.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:06 AM
CF Veteran

Yeah I know I learned that with this one. I just figured they would do it right but in the end I got everything I needed. Still waiting on the arms but its all good. They are ok in my book again. Also, as most people say Rough Country is a rough ride. I dont know if its b/c its new or just will stay like that. I like i though.
Not that rough? I was thinking of picking up some RC front coils but don't want coil with a super high spring rate.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:23 AM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Year: 87
Model: Wagoneer
Engine: 4.0 I6

Rough Country was always good to me. Sorry you had some problems
Old 06-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Cherokee Forum Vendor

to the op:

I am personally sorry that there was a mix up in your order and if it is cool I would like to explain what I believe happened, I am not the retard you talked to but I have a pretty good idea who is lol.

The way we pack our kits up so there is less mistakes being made are in kit boxes for example

6.5 xj lift- 1696box, 8047 qty 2, 7575, 1696hydro, and a 9275 as you can see there is a total of 6 packages now if I were to ship each part by themselves there would be around 16 packages.

I know this doesnt mean much in the way of what happened but that was to clarify why so much hardware is mixed in with the arms.

I can only assume what happened with your order is they took the arm kit off and put it on a single order however the arms are in with a bunch of other parts, thats why you did not get the others.

what should of happened in your case is the kit should have been broken down into each single part number like stated above. It is really simple for me since I deal with the xj components more then anyone else up here but for some including the retard lol who is new with us and is very very very very slow haha. So once again I do apologize for your troubles and only wish I could have helped you more in the get go instead of getting on here after the fact trying to do some damage control. In the future for you or anyone else that is interested in Rough Country products feel free to contact me direct my ext is 121

Thanks
Jason

some may know me on NAXJA under the same screen name
Old 06-30-2009, 12:38 PM

Year: 97
Engine: 4 banger....my ***

Originally Posted by GRIMUS99XJ
to the op:

I am personally sorry that there was a mix up in your order and if it is cool I would like to explain what I believe happened, I am not the retard you talked to but I have a pretty good idea who is lol.

The way we pack our kits up so there is less mistakes being made are in kit boxes for example

6.5 xj lift- 1696box, 8047 qty 2, 7575, 1696hydro, and a 9275 as you can see there is a total of 6 packages now if I were to ship each part by themselves there would be around 16 packages.

I know this doesnt mean much in the way of what happened but that was to clarify why so much hardware is mixed in with the arms.

I can only assume what happened with your order is they took the arm kit off and put it on a single order however the arms are in with a bunch of other parts, thats why you did not get the others.

what should of happened in your case is the kit should have been broken down into each single part number like stated above. It is really simple for me since I deal with the xj components more then anyone else up here but for some including the retard lol who is new with us and is very very very very slow haha. So once again I do apologize for your troubles and only wish I could have helped you more in the get go instead of getting on here after the fact trying to do some damage control. In the future for you or anyone else that is interested in Rough Country products feel free to contact me direct my ext is 121

Thanks
Jason

some may know me on NAXJA under the same screen name
Thats why we almost like you Jason!

Quick Reply: Rough Country Pissed me off