road runner exausts??

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: inline 6 4.0 lt
Default road runner exausts??

well my grandpa gave me the great idea to do somthin odd. it doesnt really inprove anything but it doesnt hurt anything either. i live in the ghetto where people come down my road all the time with these giant clown cars and super bass systems at 1-2 in the morning. i want to do the same thing to them with my exaust. my gpa told me about some exaust/muffler things they used as kids to look cool called road runners. basically its kinda like a cherry bomb but when you let off the gas it sounds like a tractor trailer trying to stop with the loud BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH of lowering gears. but the thing is i havent been able to find any to order. anyone know of these and where i could possible get some??
Old 08-31-2010, 06:49 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

He's probably talking about 'glass packs. Mufflers with fibreglass packing that would blow out in a short time, causing that classic sound/noise when decelerating. Thrush was one of the most popular. http://www.thrushexhaust.com/
Along with Cherry Bomb. http://www.cherrybomb.com/
http://www.cherrybombmufflers.net/

Last edited by ol"blue; 08-31-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:26 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by Sno_Blynd
well my grandpa gave me the great idea to do somthin odd. it doesnt really inprove anything but it doesnt hurt anything either. i live in the ghetto where people come down my road all the time with these giant clown cars and super bass systems at 1-2 in the morning. i want to do the same thing to them with my exaust. my gpa told me about some exaust/muffler things they used as kids to look cool called road runners. basically its kinda like a cherry bomb but when you let off the gas it sounds like a tractor trailer trying to stop with the loud BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH of lowering gears. but the thing is i havent been able to find any to order. anyone know of these and where i could possible get some??
Please don't do it at 1-2 in the morning. That just makes you part of the problem.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:40 PM

Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0

Can't help you but I lol'd.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0 High Output

Originally Posted by Sno_Blynd
First of all, it's called a "Jake Brake", it uses the engine's compression to slow down the truck. It's not like when you downshift on a car.

Read here: http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-jake-brake.htm

Second of all, I'm with Greenclassic, doing this at 1-2 in the morning will only make you part of the problem.....
Old 08-31-2010, 08:23 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1991

Install a cut-out before the cat. When opened it would be a short straight exhaust. And very loud.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:27 PM

Year: 1988

i wouldnt recommend doing that in the ghetto...like said above...dont become part of the problem