Removable door plan

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L I6
Default Removable door plan

I have always loved the looks of XJs with no front doors. I'd like to modify hing/shackle components on my 98 to make it similar to wrongler doors, but thats another story..

i want to keep the doors i have now (with electric window/locks) in good condition for winter and for some music, but still have the ability to have no doors

so what i was thinking is buying seperate doors from a part out that are more beat up and use them to modify and take on and off easily, i would not plug in electric to them however

i dont want to plug in the electric everytime i out doors back on, so is there an XJ year that fits the 98 that isnt power locks/windows?

or am i just confusing as hell?
Old 07-03-2010, 11:19 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 99
Engine: 4.0

this is the best write-up for going doorless http://jeepforum.com/forum/f11/remov...ite-up-408138/

from what it sounds like your talking about your going to remove the hinge, and you dont want to do that because you'l have to realign the door every time you take it off. the easiest way is to cut the door pin and put a bolt or something in there. i unplug/replug all my wires everytime i take my doors off and put them back on, takes about 10 min not too bad
Old 07-03-2010, 11:25 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 99
Engine: 4.0

or doing something like this to your spare doors

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/a...s-97-a-444398/
Old 07-04-2010, 01:37 PM

right you would have to realign every time you switched sets and that would be annoying, I leave my kit panel out that covers all the plugs and i extended the wires in the rear so that the plugs come out side the jeep and now i can get all four off in about 20mins by my self and i think that its about 30mins to put them all back on. Off course leaving the door light switches off would save a couple of mins in case of rain or something like i had one time. But yes it would be nice to find some manual window and lock doors because that would elminiate like 4-6 plugs going through but i wouldn't spend the money unless you wanted em that bad just my opinion.