Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 03:29 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default REMOTE STARTER

Would like to know what is the best remote starter system is for my buddies 2004 jeep grand cherokee laredo. He has keyless entry now, and would like a system that is as close to factory/ oem as possible, without it being a wiring nightmare, Thanks, scott
Old 12-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Registered Users

Year: 91 with lots of 01' parts
Engine: 01' 4.0L

i have the autopage remote start alarm and keyless in my cherokee and gf's grand cherokee...works great. not to much of a pain to wire up.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:56 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1998
Engine: Inline 6

were did you buy youre autopage system. and is it a DIY on a weekend??
Old 12-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Registered Users

Year: 91 with lots of 01' parts
Engine: 01' 4.0L

took me three hours on the grand and 2 hours on the cherokee. i have a buddy that installs em and i got it at one of his suppliers. im sure you can buy them somewhere, i just dont know of any other place
Old 06-08-2011, 05:15 PM

Default keyless entry

Originally Posted by xjbones
took me three hours on the grand and 2 hours on the cherokee. i have a buddy that installs em and i got it at one of his suppliers. im sure you can buy them somewhere, i just dont know of any other place
I purchased mine at the Ford, Jeep and whatever for around $75.00 for both and they did the code for me but i have had other state have a higher price. I hope this helps. And i hope we are talking about the same thing. lol
Old 06-08-2011, 05:37 PM

I have a 2004 Grand Jeep Cherokee Laredo. I am trying to sell it and it is at my dad's right now because he has a better place where more people can look at it. He had a neighbor who is interested in it. The neighbor could not get the hang of it and couldn't lock it or unlock it. Well the neighbor gets out and locks the door and now they can't get it back open..My dad has trouble but I can just aim it at the starter or steering wheel and it does it for me. Now I live about an hour away from my dad with a child with autism. I can't jump whenever plus my back is out and shots lately. Ok, let me shorten this. My dad had put one of the sunvisors over the window in side. Well they took it out so the neighbor could drive it. They got back liked it. The visor was put up half way to where it is laying half way down over the steering wheel. Could that make interference and if so, how can I get it to open. The key I have for the starter only cranks the jeep up. It don't lock or unlocked it. Learned the hard way by one of those dealers who will tell anything to sell and especially a woman. He told me he had one key and it would only start the engine. He said I could go get another one at the jeep place and they will make you one. None of the codes would work so I just bought 2 keyless entries and he has one and I have the other. Can anyone help?