Registered for the Rubicon

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 10:27 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Default Registered for the Rubicon

XJ, wife and I are registered for the jeep Jamboree this year. Wonder how many 2014 cherokee's will be there! Can't wait! Anyone else from the forum going?
Old 01-04-2014, 10:57 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0

Not sure how many KL's will show up, would be tough to do the Rubicon Trail without spilling your Iced Caffe Mocha.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:46 PM
CF Veteran

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 93 2 door

Originally Posted by 95Cherokee
Not sure how many KL's will show up, would be tough to do the Rubicon Trail without spilling your Iced Caffe Mocha.
I disagree. That trail is paved and bypasses are abundant. Wouldn't doubt a KL could go through

I will not be attending. Way too much traffic and yuppies
Old 01-05-2014, 12:35 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 1996

I "heard" that part of your lease agreement with the new KL is that a crew will take your "jeep" apart and move part by part to the next section of trail....then reassemble it so you can say you ran the trail. All while the trail guides give words of support and get you a frapamochalate while you text all your bookface buddies on your smart-ish phone. Extra "points" for poser pics......like I said....this is what I heard.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BLKXJ 96
I "heard" that part of your lease agreement with the new KL is that a crew will take your "jeep" apart and move part by part to the next section of trail....then reassemble it so you can say you ran the trail. All while the trail guides give words of support and get you a frapamochalate while you text all your bookface buddies on your smart-ish phone. Extra "points" for poser pics......like I said....this is what I heard.
Well, you won't have to worry about me and my 01 XJ doing that crap above LOL. Hope I don't have any trailmalls I mean trailhawk in my group, hate to tear a bunch of plastic off wincing them over a little rock. Probably gonna get banned.....oh well whatever
Old 01-05-2014, 02:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Atmos
I disagree. That trail is paved and bypasses are abundant. Wouldn't doubt a KL could go through

According to the people I have talked to there are no bypasses, you need to be within 25feet of the trail. This yuppie is attending, wait I am a hippie sorry dude, you stay home and hang with your new premier, sure to get your province back in the black LOL.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:11 AM
Banned

Sorry
Originally Posted by Atmos

According to the people I have talked to there are no bypasses, you need to be within 25feet of the trail. This yuppie is attending, wait I am a hippie sorry dude, you stay home and hang with your new premier, sure to get your province back in the black LOL.
Sorry for the double post and not seeing you have moved from Ontario, anyways enjoy staying home!

Last edited by CanXJ; 01-05-2014 at 02:45 AM.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:49 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing against Jeep Jamboree I cant see spending about $200 $400 a person for the registration fee. Plus be on over crowded trails. When you can go any other time and go for free with a lot less traffic.

Last edited by dogger15; 01-05-2014 at 04:54 AM.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:47 AM
ck1
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1991

Originally Posted by dogger15
Nothing against Jeep Jamboree I cant see spending about $200 $400 a person for the registration fee. Plus be on over crowded trails. When you can go any other time and go for free with a lot less traffic.
I am a trail guide for the big bear jamboree/Borrego springs ( which may come back this year) and have to disagree with you. I take the orange group ( beginners) and they love it. I have done rubicon also but not as a guide. Yes it gets crowded but its not that bad. Most of the jeepers on the rubicon work with the jamboree group and let the large groups pass. Oh and there are some bypasses but not always It is definitely worth the $$ for the first time on rubicon in my opinion. The jamboree is a great way to learn to wheel the right way. The guides spot you anytime there is a need...you break and they make sure you get off the trail one way one way or another. The beauty of the jamboree is the different levels..if you are seasoned and want to do the hard lines then you are in that group. You arent bogged down by newbies. There is a trail for all levels. Fun times. Been a trail guide for 16 years for the jamboree and love it. Never had one person complain and many come back year after year. For some that might be interested in the Big Bear jamboree go on youtube and type big bear jamboree Orange group if want to see what that group does. Blue green and yellow are also on the tube. Check it out, there are Jamborees all over the country. Guarantee if you sign up you will have a blast no matter what your experience level is Canxj you are gonna have a blast!.
Cameron

Last edited by ck1; 01-05-2014 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Cant spell :(
Old 01-05-2014, 05:14 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by CanXJ
Sorry

Sorry for the double post and not seeing you have moved from Ontario, anyways enjoy staying home!
I was just on this trail a few months ago. it is incredibly easy since they came in and paved it and blew up/ filled all the fun obstacles. you can drive around all the hard obstacles

enjoy sitting in the hot sun behind 9 guys trying to spot 1 bad driver
clogged trails are a nightmare. can't imagine paying to sit in traffic on a free trail with multiple sheriffs present

fun trail. I'll be there when its not busy

Last edited by Atmos; 01-05-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:22 PM

Year: 1996

I completely agree with Atmos. Why not make the trip with a couple of your buddies on a random weekend and not deal with 456415341313 jeeps on the trail. The rubicon has a bypass for nearly every hard obstacle so it can be an easier trail if you take them all.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:35 PM
CF Veteran

well if you're from Canada (or out of state) you might not just have a couple buddies who can just go on a weekend. so it's understandable

Last edited by Atmos; 01-05-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:36 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 91

Yeah. Busy Rubicon sucks. I sat at the gate keeper for four hours once waiting for a club to get by so I could get home. Was fun to watch but not that fun.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:46 PM

I did it 2 years ago... Took 8 hrs the first day to get to the camp... Then we woke up the next day and left LOL.... we had signed up for the 3 day event, but decided to leave early and have a relaxing drive back up to WA. There were two rigs and we hadn't been there before so we figured what the heck, lets do it, and if we like the trail we can always go back on our own.

The people were alright... kinda awkward folks. If you didn't have a wrangler w/ MTRs and Walker Evans beadlocks with as much F'in gear known to man stacked on TOP of your rig(*shakes head)... then you didn't fit in.

It was more of a show and tell than folks who wanted to wheel.

With that said.. I'm glad we did the Rubicon... you never know when places like that will cease to exist... doubt I'll go back though.. more like a check in the box. We enjoyed the History/museum aspect of it all more than everything.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:59 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Centralgrand
The people were alright... kinda awkward folks. If you didn't have a wrangler w/ MTRs and Walker Evans beadlocks with as much F'in gear known to man stacked on TOP of your rig(*shakes head)... then you didn't fit in.

It was more of a show and tell than folks who wanted to wheel.

With that said.. I'm glad we did the Rubicon... you never know when places like that will cease to exist... doubt I'll go back though.. more like a check in the box. We enjoyed the History/museum aspect of it all more than everything.
man you guys didn't even go through the whole trail?? you HAVE to at least make it to buck island and hang out. such a beautiful spot. sorry it was busy for you guys

Quick Reply: Registered for the Rubicon