Recovery stories

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Recovery stories

Any one else the local guy that everybody else calls when they get stuck? I've been called 3 times since spring. Any body got any good stories bout how stuck the joker was?

Today I got a call from a guy i haven't talked to in a while. He called because he was stuck. Some one tried to pull the guy out forwards. But the only problem with that is he was stuck on the diff. only making it worse. His tires all spun free when his foot was off the break. So naturally when I showed up and a few yanks later and he's free.

But I know there have got to be some better stories out there and I wanna hear em'
Old 07-10-2010, 05:49 AM
CF Veteran

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0 I6

not jeep stories. my trooper2 was the recovery vehicle about 10 years ago and if i couldn't get you then a buddies dad had a monster lifted suburban and would get you.

my brother's cherokee had a 4" lift and he always got stuck cause he would run the sand dunes while drunk. him and his buddy would then try to rock it out so it always had huge holes under the two drive tires when i got there and they were always between two steep dunes so it was pain in the butt to get them out. he had 32" mudders and i had 33" mt all terrains so mine didn't try to dig into the sand and i just would float across the top.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:56 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: '89
Engine: 242

Been called upon 5 times already...
...living right across the street, from a very well known offroading spot... Usually as soon as a friend gets stuck (if I wasnt wheeling with them in the 1st place) they come and get me.
First one, this year was someone I didnt even know, that showed up asking me to yank'em out.
I asked him, how he knew to come get me?!?! He said, he was coming over to see if a friend could help him out, and just happened to get lucky and see my Jeep. He paid me $50 for it....so, I was cool with it.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:13 AM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L

I used to drive a wrecker back in the early 1980's.
My favorite was this drunk old guy.

Drove his nice caddy onto a construction site during the end of a week long rain.(fresh fill + water= soup) I made him put the J-hook on the back axle & had to chain the front of my truck to an excavator to pull him out.

The car made a loud slurping sound as it came free, & I charged him $100.00 since it was 4 am.

I get home & the pager was going off. Same guy drove down an embankment into a small stream that was flooding. He was lucky to not have drowned.

Another $50.00 for the second pull, & $35.00 for the tow to his mechanic for a new motor.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:36 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0

this is my favorite story of mine

so the summer of 09 after i graduated high school i bought a samurai with some graduation money

so we went wheelin looking for our usual mud spots and my buddys 85 k5 blazer 4 inch lift and 33's with a built race trans and race ready 350 sank into this clay mud hole the samurai was going thru the same hole with ease i guess it wasnt heavy enough to sink but we tied the samurai up to the blazer and i know its bad but we bunjy slapped with the tow strap while hammering all the posible power out of that samurai and gassin the blazer till it got traction on dry under the mud and came out of the hole
my buddy still turns his head in shame that a stock samurai helped in the recovery of his blazer
Old 07-11-2010, 12:00 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 HO

^^^^thats hilarious....i would feel the same way...lol
Old 07-11-2010, 01:05 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: '89
Engine: 242

Originally Posted by alfreado121
this is my favorite story of mine

so the summer of 09 after i graduated high school i bought a samurai with some graduation money

so we went wheelin looking for our usual mud spots and my buddys 85 k5 blazer 4 inch lift and 33's with a built race trans and race ready 350 sank into this clay mud hole the samurai was going thru the same hole with ease i guess it wasnt heavy enough to sink but we tied the samurai up to the blazer and i know its bad but we bunjy slapped with the tow strap while hammering all the posible power out of that samurai and gassin the blazer till it got traction on dry under the mud and came out of the hole
my buddy still turns his head in shame that a stock samurai helped in the recovery of his blazer
Sammies are totally underestimated & bad azz....Ive seen a stock sammie, w/AT's, rescue an H1 that was high centered.
OBVIOUSLY no one is gonna let that guy, live that one down!

Everyone wanted the sammie to do it, just too see if it could. lol

Last edited by XJs-R-us; 07-11-2010 at 01:08 PM.