RC 3 inch entry level

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 99
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default RC 3 inch entry level

anybody running the RC entry level kit( kit with out control arms) can you possibly post pictures if flex. i think the factory control arms might limit my flex, but i wanted to set higher and figured i could get away without the control arms for now. i do plan on purchasing them later on down the road, but for now, i think the factory control arms will do good enough for the light to mild wheeling i do...but if you would, for anyone running this kit, possibly post pics of flex, and or any complaints of it..just so i can get an idea of what to expect.. my kit should be here tomorrow

Old 07-31-2012, 10:10 PM
CF Veteran

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 93 2 door
Engine: 4.0

flex? this kit is for people who want to fit a slightly larger tire. not flex
Old 07-31-2012, 10:20 PM

your incorrect. if someone wanted to just fit larger tires. they woulda ordered spacers, blocks, and maybe shackles.....now if you dont have anything helpful to say. why post?
Old 07-31-2012, 10:36 PM
Banned

Actually shackles help with flex. And to get better flex disconnect sway bars. Most people remove the rear. Maybe longer brake lines?
Old 07-31-2012, 10:39 PM

i know shackles will help flex...im not asking how to improve the flex....all i really wanna know is if the stock control arms with 3 inch lift will flex any good at all i just coudnt afford the series II kit with arms cause im a teenager with a budget and half to pay for everyting myself and also have a couple other expensive hobbies like hunting and fishing, which alot of my money gets spent on
Old 07-31-2012, 10:41 PM
Banned

I've heard that with 3" you will be ok with the stock arms. Flex wise and ride wise
Old 07-31-2012, 10:43 PM

i guess my proof will just be this weekend when i get the kit on...unless someone else would post pictures or is running the kit and voices there opinion before i install
Old 07-31-2012, 11:12 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by dylanXJ99
your incorrect. if someone wanted to just fit larger tires. they woulda ordered spacers, blocks, and maybe shackles.....now if you dont have anything helpful to say. why post?
...or an entry level lift kit. making your jeep taller does not add flex. if you already bought the kit and are planning on installing it. why post?
as far as your arms go sure run the stock ones. or look up what junk yard WJ ones fit. I'd be more concerned with your track bar
there you go. now you're not running cheap stamped steel and you're still under budget http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/w...ite-up-987327/
oh and here's a picture thread of people running an RC 3" lift. didn't see a whole lot of flexing
https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f59/rc-3inch-31s-143750/

Last edited by Atmos; 07-31-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Atmos
...or an entry level lift kit. making your jeep taller does not add flex. if you already bought the kit and are planning on installing it. why post?
as far as your arms go sure run the stock ones. or look up what junk yard ZJ ones fit. I'd be more concerned with your track bar
when did i ever say i got this kit to "add flex"..the purpose of a lift kit to to LIFT the vehical higher, there for giving it more body clearance of the ground and possible obstacles and to clear larger tires...all i want is to see if the stock arms will kill the possible flex outa this 3 inch kit. i dont know why your so interested in flaming me so hard for this? guess it helps to sleep at night. the track bar is not a concern for me right now at all...yes i know by lifting it it will un-center my axle, but im on a small budget. and track bar will come later down the road when i get adjustable arms. and more lift...so go ahead. flame on sense its all you've done for me so far. i now know, im dealing with a badass and will be bow down to your Superior opinion
Old 07-31-2012, 11:30 PM
CF Veteran

so you do just want to fit larger tires and not flex? like I said in my first post? hmm
seriously though some junk yard parts can take you a long way on a budget
https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/bud...herokee-58797/
Old 07-31-2012, 11:34 PM

did i say that i just bought this kit just to run larger tires??????

ill be running a set of 235/75/15 tiny tires just so you know until they wear out

i just think you like to be a ***** to people who dont build things the way you would. cause they dont have the big money you do

let me ask you this sense my answers clearly do not suit you...why did you lift your jeep?
Old 07-31-2012, 11:41 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by dylanXJ99
can you possibly post pictures if flex.but if you would, for anyone running this kit, possibly post pics of flex, and or any complaints of it..just so i can get an idea of what to expect..
I indirectly answered part of your question. this kit's not for flexing. I.E. dont expect much flex
then I gave you a thread full of pics of people not flexing running the kit
other people answered your CA question and I gave you a link showing how to get beefier ones on a budget

if you have any other questions I've got a plethera of links
Old 07-31-2012, 11:53 PM

i have no more questions for you. cause not a single one of your links have "helped me" or answered my question
if this kit is not for flexing i guess stock rigs can flex either.

yea you posted a link of RC 3inch kit. only 1 person in that thread declared to be running the entry level kit and his rig was sitting on semi flat ground. not even attempting to flex the suspension. all the other pictures were of the RC series 2 kit with the poster claiming the kit, or you could clearly see RC Ca's

yea you posted a link how to run budget beefier control arms (wj) i didnt ask for beefier ones...beef is not a concern at this time. the lenght is....you have not helped me at all, and have done nothing more then waste my time. reading back i shouldnt have even started the agrument with you cause your too close minded so im done debateing with you

to anyone else who might actually be running this kit. and or has ran it feel free to post
Old 08-01-2012, 12:03 AM
CF Veteran

nice attitude
Old 08-01-2012, 12:35 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1994