Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 10:49 PM

Location: Paradise actually. Also known as Central New Mexico @ 7 K feet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 87
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 6 cylinder
Default problem w/change to LED backup lights

This has been a can of worms for me, and I haven't even gotten into the possible problems with renix and the things that can go between the new LEDs. I just seen hints of this in some of the warning posts. I see it as an excuse to try to clean up some of the things suggested by Mr.54, can't think of the first part of his name. what an asset.

So I'm in it now and have a set of Endpage 3157 LEDs for the backup lights. Got no pigtail. I was floored when I opened my head lights up to install some Vosiky LEDs and found the old three prong couplings mated perfectly with the hotdamm new Sealed beam blasters.

Does anyone here know what pigtail would allow me to get going with making crimp connections to the old wiring and cobbing some kind of holder together for the bulbs to live in.

I'm thinking that's how I'll do it. It's like cutting my nose off to spite my face. But I have the damn lights and would rather not send them back. UNLESS.... I could get a line on a set of lights and the proper connectors and proper mounting hardware to make things brighter inside my backup light space. Does such a thing exist.

This seems like such a big market you would think some one would take the voodoo out of upgrading to LED lighting to suit people like me who don't know what they are doing.

Ron
Old 09-03-2017, 07:55 AM
::CF Moderator::

Received 1,527 Likes on 1,239 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

www.onewaylight.com
Old 09-03-2017, 02:31 PM

Location: Paradise actually. Also known as Central New Mexico @ 7 K feet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 87
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 6 cylinder

I guess there is not much use in being old if you can't see whats in front of you, or don't understand what little you DO see. I finally noticed that those 1157's bulbs look a lot like the bulb from a 56 Chevy or 72 Ruick.

I got the wrong impression about LED's in general because the first LEDs I was told to get had terminals in the rear that look nothing like those older car bulbs. In my defense I will reveal that I do have some sort of scatter brain/focus problem that not one neurologist or psycologist will give a name to. If one of them could follow me around on any of the 10 projects I need to do with out me knowing, he be on the phone booking CAT SCAN time.

Ron

Rpm