Power window fix - problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Power window fix - problems

Hey guys, so my driver side front window has been clicking since I purchased her. I decided to purchase the steiger performance power window fix, as I was sure this had to be the issue.

When I finally got the regulator out, I noticed that someone had already rigged on a new spiral piece in place of the original blue spiral ring. To be honest, it doesn't look too bad. It is however covered in plastic or what not - as in the last inch and a half, where the spiral cable threads into the spiral housing. This seems like it acts like a glue to secure the cable and housing together, which does not allow the cable to spin in the housing. Besides that, it all seems pretty secure and decent craftsmanship.

I hooked everything back up and noticed that the source of the clicking was around the motor. Now this makes me feel that either the gear is slipping on the spiral cable or something is slipping in the actual motor. I'm at a loss.

If anyone has had a similar experience or can help with any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.