Power Door Locks

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Power Door Locks

Hey guys. My power door locks quit working one day and I'm not sure where to begin with this. I tried replacing the remote batteries, but that wasn't the problem. Any ideas?
Old 02-02-2010, 11:18 AM

Engine: 4.0L 6 Cyl

This is from the service manual. See where it takes you and let us know what you find out. It should point you in the right direction and hopefully we can help from there.

POWER LOCK SYSTEM AND REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM
On models without the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) option, proceed directly to the Door Module diagnosis. As a preliminary diagnosis for models with the RKE system, note the power lock system and illuminated entry system operation while you actuate both the Lock and Unlock functions with the power lock switches and the RKE transmitter. Then, proceed
as follows:
  • If the entire power lock system fails to function with either the power lock switches or the RKE transmitter, unplug the wire harness connector from the RKE receiver and test the power lock system operation again using the power lock switches. If the power lock system now operates, see the Remote Keyless Entry Receiver diagnosis in this group. If the power lock system still fails to operate, see the Door Module diagnosis in this group.
  • If the power lock system functions with both power lock switches, but not with the RKE transmitter, see the Remote Keyless Entry Transmitter diagnosis in this group.
  • If one power lock motor fails to operate with both of the power lock switches and/or the RKE transmitter, see the Power Lock Motor diagnosis in this group.
  • If the RKE and power lock systems are functioning, but the illuminated entry system fails to operate, see the Remote Keyless Entry Receiver diagnosis in this group.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:53 PM

Engine: 4.0L

Thanks man. I will check it out and let you know what I find.