One Last Chance

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 02:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1986
Model: Comanche
Engine: 2.5L (2.46) AMC L4
Unhappy One Last Chance

Hello everyone! Hope all of you are doing well and hope your rigs are running strong! I have been MIA for quite some time, and sadly have not driven my comanche in months. The clutch blew and destroyed the bellhousing, which in turn caused too much weight to be on the input shaft and snapped. I have since bought a 98 altima for everyday, and have forgotten about the truck. It still sits at my school, been there almost 4 months.

The problem is I need about a stack to fix it. I need:

-Starter
-AX-4, AX-5, or AX-15 (new flywheel if going with AX-5 or AX-15)
-Slave cylinder
-Clutch kit
-Driveshaft fixed

The starter is $55 from advance auto. The clutch kit is $130 and includes the disc, press. plate, throw out and pilot, and alignment tool.
The driveshaft is $100 to fix (the U-joint ripped out and oblonged one of the u joint bores).

the problem I'm having is i need a transmission, whole, from bell housing to tail. But I need a 2wd trans.

the only ones I've found were rebuilt by a shop, and they want $800-$1500, and I don't have that kind of money.

I would extremely greatly appreciate it if someone on here would be willing to sell me or find me a trans for cheap, because even though I had no A/C, no power steering, no radio, manual windows and locks, and a 2wd 4 cyl truck, I love that thing to death. I've held off this long from scrapping it, but its getting close. Please help me save this truck, you guys gotta admit there aren't many stock original 2wd 4 cyl MJs left. Plus, my frame has maybe 2% rust on it, and that's worth saving.

Thanks again, love you guys