off topic JEEP/LAND ROVER!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 08:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default off topic JEEP/LAND ROVER!!

I am on my way to purchasing my very own xj by the end of the summer to take with me to college...my mom and dad bought a used 2005 land rover LR3 with 17k miles on it back in 2006. They were able to get the fully loaded HSE trim level because they saved some cash with the used one. this level comes with the nice leather and GPS and a snazzy electronic locking rear diff. We LOVE this car to death!!!! it is super comfortable, has NASA like technology, and looks great from the front!!(not so much from the back) but anyways..i have taken it mountian biking before and such but this past weekend i went with some buddies and did some serious wheeling! i was able to get through everything!! my friend has a lifted bronco with lockers and 35 mudders. this is georgia mudding we are talkin about here with some hill climbs and rocks and such as well. the land rover has an automatic center locking dif, full time all wheel drive, automatic locking rear dif, an intelligent terrain response traction control system, an amazing GPS system that can work ALL over the world and leave "bread crumbs" for off road trails. it has an air ride suspension that lowers for getting into the vehicle and lowers for highway driving for better mpg and raises 4inches for off road and an additional inch when the car feels it has bottomed out. and it only has all season tires with 19" wheels...would have liked the 18" ones though..tires are really pricey with 19s! but anyways...i realize it is a tad more expensive than jeeps...but i am really impressed with its off road ability with front and rear independent front suspension. Now i know they are said to be unreliable...but that ended with the new land rovers! the first and second generation discovery's were indeed unreliable! haha. so you guys tell me what you think! for a reasonably priced luxery suv it sure comes with more grunt than anything BMW or Mercedes or Lexus or Cadillac can offer! here are some PICTURES!

Old 06-25-2010, 11:25 AM
CF Veteran

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0 I6

bmw makes sports cars. not off road cars. you can't compare a land rover to a bmw. shoot, all those models you listed makes sport or luxury cars, not off road vehicles.

race the land rover through the curves with the other models and it'll probably be last. they are made for different things is why
Old 06-25-2010, 11:28 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 94
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L

You DO NOT need to post this more than once...., and in the correct forum.