Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 07:43 AM
CF Veteran

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L
Default New Jeep Vocabulary

We have "ykydaxjw" and "tntstaxjo" and they generate a lot of good laughs. I'd like to introduce something that I think is new - the Jeep vocabulary - this should be worth a few chuckles.

I already started words I call "Jeeplets" - kind of like sniglets, only "Jeepier". A sniglet is a word that's not in the dictionary but should be. A "Jeeplet" will be a word that's not, ummm...whatever...I think you get it..., but should be.

So-far, we have:

Jeeplet (defined above), Jeepdom (the Jeeping kingdom), Jeepalty (non-wavers), Jeepagers and Jeepsters (the regular good-guys who use and love them), Jeepness (a state of being), ....

C'mon, bring it on guys. Let's have a little fun with this. Publish your Jeeplet (with a brief definition in parentheses).

Last edited by Cherryokee; 03-14-2011 at 08:22 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-14-2011, 07:48 AM
CF Veteran

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Jeepaholic (one who is addicted to Jeeps)
Old 03-14-2011, 07:57 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L

uhhh.. jeeptastic

jeeptacular
Old 03-14-2011, 08:14 AM
CF Veteran

Here're a couple more - Jeepalicious (as in a trail or terrain that looks Jeepalicious), BeJeepable/UnbeJeepable (Jeep things, understandable or not)...

How could I forget Jeepaholic, Jeeptastic and Jeeptacular - those are Jeeperrific suggestions! Thanks to "no rdplz" and "BOOMroasted" for your contributions!
Old 03-14-2011, 08:26 AM

How about a jeepstacle . Noun an obstacle only a jeep is capable of overcoming
Old 03-14-2011, 08:30 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by ollylovesjeeps
How about a jeepstacle . Noun an obstacle only a jeep is capable of overcoming
I Love It!!!

...and there are some Jeepstacles out there that require you and/or your Jeep to have Jeepsticles too! - no definition required -
Old 03-14-2011, 10:29 AM
CF Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0 with all of the noise and clatter

Barbiejeeper: The hot attention ***** that drives a pink Jeep Wrangler without the top on so she can be seen by multipal angles. She will usually have either loud club music or the latest country music blasting, again to gain even more attention to her. She may be seen with another girl that is slightly less attractive than her, and after two beers she will be either kissing that girl just to receive attention from any local males, or fighting with that girl because said girl has received more attention than her. The Barbiejeeper will have a string of nice guys that she "loves like a brother", and they will do anything for the chance to be with her, but she will only sleep with a$$holes that treat her poorly. She has daddy issues and hates her step dad even though he was the one who paid for her pink Wrangler. Her prime age is between 18 to 27 before hitting the wall and looking like 7 miles of bad road. From ages 28 to 40 she will have had two children by two different guys, both fathers doing time for cooking meth. She will still wear the same short shorts and halter tops that she had about fifty pounds ago, stretch marks can be seen hanging over the top of her jeans. At age 45 she starts collecting cats while living in a house that was purchased by her step father because her career as a hair stylist never seemed to take off. She still seeks the attention of the local males and can be seen at Jimmy Buffet concerts getting sloppy drunk and crying on some poor guys shoulder about how she never met Mister Right, and how she loves that poor sap like a brother. The pink Wrangler was sold for 500 bucks and some meth so she could party for the weekend, she sold it because it would not start, and she didn't know why. She had one of her male friends (meth dealer) look at it, he cut up some of the wiring harnes trying to bypass those stupid relay things, replaced the starter with a used junkyard starter, but still could not make it run. The new owner fixed the hacked wiring, installed the original starter and put a new battery in it and it fired right up. Some black primer and lift kit later, and it is now on craigslist for 3500 bucks.

Last edited by Bustedback; 03-14-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:35 AM

Engine: 4.0 6 cylinder

Originally Posted by Bustedback
Barbiejeeper: The hot attention ***** that drives a pink Jeep Wrangler without the top on so she can be seen by multipal angles. She will usually have either loud club music or the latest country music blasting, again to gain even more attention to her. She may be seen with another girl that is slightly less attractive than her, and after two beers she will be either kissing that girl just to receive attention from any local males, or fighting with that girl because said girl has received more attention than her. The Barbiejeeper will have a string of nice guys that she "loves like a brother", and they will do anything for the chance to be with her, but she will only sleep with a$$holes that treat her poorly. She has daddy issues and hates her step dad even though he was the one who paid for her pink Wrangler. Her prime age is between 18 to 27 before hitting the wall and looking like 7 miles of bad road. From ages 28 to 40 she will have had two children by two different guys, both fathers doing time for cooking meth. She will still wear the same short shorts and halter tops that she had about fifty pounds ago, stretch marks can be seen hanging over the top of her jeans. At age 45 she starts collecting cats while living in a house that was purchased by her step father because her career as a hair stylist never seemed to take off. She still seeks the attention of the local males and can be seen at Jimmy Buffet concerts getting sloppy drunk and crying on some poor guys shoulder about how she never met Mister Right, and how she loves that poor sap like a brother. The pink Wrangler was sold for 500 bucks and some meth so she could party for the weekend, she sold it because it would not start, and she didn't know why. She had one of her male friends (meth dealer) look at it, he cut up some of the wiring harnes trying to bypass those stupid relay things, replaced the starter with a used junkyard starter, but still could not make it run. The new owner fixed the hacked wiring, installed the original starter and put a new battery in it and it fired right up. Some black primer and lift kit later, and it is now on craigslist for 3500 bucks.

wow you really thought all of that out didnt you lol
Old 03-14-2011, 10:37 AM
CF Veteran

I've seen it happen first hand...and I have a lot of time on my hands.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:38 AM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Engine: 4.0 I6

Jeephemy- Noun, Jeep Blasphemy
"That YJ with neon and 20" wheels is a Jeephemy"
Old 03-14-2011, 10:40 AM

Engine: 4.0 6 cylinder

Originally Posted by Bustedback
I've seen it happen first hand...and I have a lot of time on my hands.
oh im not sayin it doesnt happen ive seen it quite a few times myself...you just really hit the nail on the head with this one
Old 03-14-2011, 10:52 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0 high output

old usvi national park maps use the term "jeep road" in the legend
it goes:
1 paved
2 unpaved/dirt
3 jeep road
Old 03-14-2011, 10:54 AM

Year: 2k
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Evilpopcorn
Jeephemy- Noun, Jeep Blasphemy
"That YJ with neon and 20" wheels is a Jeephemy"
Nice...
Old 03-14-2011, 10:56 AM
CF Veteran

Engine: 4.0 I6

how about Jeep as an adjective... Jeep - great, awesome, impressive.
A: i made it up Hell's Revenge with no problems
B: that's Jeep.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:37 AM
CF Veteran

Jeeposer: a person that calls any 4x4 vehicle a Jeep, wuther it be a Samari, FJ40 Landcruiser, or Bronco.

Quick Reply: New Jeep Vocabulary