My XJ finally made it here!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 inline 6 cyl.
Default My XJ finally made it here!!

I'm completely stoked.

I got it. After waiting close to a month for an auto carrier to haul it to me, I found a great small auto haul company out of Republic, MO that accepted my bid to haul my XJ. The carrier picked it up and brought it to me in a day and a half. Wed. morning, we set up a place to meet. You can't get a semi with a trailer into my place. I can barely get mine in here without a trailer.

Here she is piggy back, waiting to be unloaded and for me to take possession.

Got in and started her up. 207,000 miles and it started right up, idled smoothly and ran GREAT! After two days and over a hundred miles, I pulled the dipstick and the oil looked like it was brand new. The previous owners always used fully synthetic in the little 4.0HO for the 10 years they owned it. It ran all day in traffic and up to 75 on the hghway and never got to 210 degrees. Last night, though, it got to the mark between 210 and the red while I waited in a long line for burritos at the drive through. It didn't get any higher and as soon as I took off in the parking lot, it came down rapidly and was below 210 before I got it on the street. I don't think the electric fan came on. I'm going to put it on a switch in the dash, I think.

She has a few dents and dings, but nothing serious and nothing I'm not willing to fix. The grill is really faded and one corner is broken. I'm going to take it off and fix it and cover it with bedliner. It's missing some trim near the bottom of the driver's side. I'll probably use the bedliner on that, too.

Everything else works except the cruise control and the A/C. The A/C has a pin hole leak near the condenser, so the coolant leaked out. When it's charged, it blows ICE COLD. The gas shocks on the rear door are strong and hold good. There are no rattles inside the Jeep, and it drives GREAT. Just needs a little cosmetic work and some suspension help.

This is the smallest thing I've driven in about seven years. I usually drive a semi, or a 3/4 or 1-ton 4WD truck. This thing felt like a go-cart on meth!! I love it.

A dent under the rear driver's side window.

Another dent in the passenger side fender.

She has a saggy ***, too. Those rear leafs are shot. Oh well, she wasn't going to stay at that altitude, anyway! New leaf springs will come when I do the lift.

The tires are in good shape and will make excellent trailer tires, because 215/75R15's are NOT going to be staying on here.

Really? The woman who owned it before me liked it stock, I guess.

Random crappy cell phone shots so that I can look back and see what it used to look like, one of these days.

Not too bad for what I now have less than $1,000 in, I think.
I'll be putting some different mirrors on it as one of them is broken and they are just too dang small. Since I will be using it for towing some small trailers, I want the mirrors.

CAn't wait to get started on it! Gonna be a blast!

Last edited by Paddletrucker; 07-15-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:20 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0 L6

hey iv got a 3" rough country lift and some 15x8 black crager soft 8's for sale if your interested
Old 07-15-2011, 04:34 PM

Year: 1994
Engine: 4.0 4x4

What year is it? Looks a lot like mine!! I have 89,xxx miles on mine. Just got it from my grandpa. He used it for hunting mostly. Congrats!!
Old 07-15-2011, 04:37 PM

It's a 95. 5-spd manual tranny. Really fun to drive!

"There's no such thing as too much overkill!"
Old 07-15-2011, 04:55 PM

Year: 1994
Engine: 4.0 4x4

4x4? looks really nice !! have fun!!
Old 07-15-2011, 05:25 PM

Yeah, it's a 4WD, it's just so squatty and has those crappy little tires on it, it would pass for a 2WD.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by xjjeeper
hey iv got a 3" rough country lift and some 15x8 black crager soft 8's for sale if your interested

Hmmmm. Lemme do some research. I'm trying to decide right now what I want and what I need. thanks. I'll keep it in mind!