Sponsored by: DashLynx

My lovely moring!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 09:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Default My lovely moring!!

I checked the u-bolts last night after doin the bastard pack last weekend and the crappy advanced auto nuts were pulling through the leaf plates a bit. The u-bolts didnt come with and washers!! So I got washers and torqued it down and it was driving great. All the driveline vibrations seemed to be gone, this morning although I was just on side streets and had to cut the trip short and head back home. The brake pedal was getting soft and starting to go down to the floor slowly. Apparently the hard line to the rear decided it was time to break!! It had a nice drip comin outa it. Im not gonna have time to replace it before the weekend and I got a lil road trip to help a friend move so its of the mechanic tomorrow to get fixed.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:21 AM
CF Veteran

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Do a duct tape wrap and than an epoxy bond on it for now. That'll keep the fluid in for the road trip and cost you way less than the mechanic. I had to do this on a trail run and it worked great until I got back home. Just keep an extra bottle of brake fluid with you just in case.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by no rdplz
Do a duct tape wrap and than an epoxy bond on it for now. That'll keep the fluid in for the road trip and cost you way less than the mechanic. I had to do this on a trail run and it worked great until I got back home. Just keep an extra bottle of brake fluid with you just in case.
I think im just gonna suck it up hit up the mechanic. Its a friend of the family so it shouldnt hurt too bad. Im not sure when ill have the time to do it myself anyway. Im gonna need it for work next week too. Itll just be easier this when and I wont have to worry bout anythin. With my luck Ill tape it up and itll leak somewhere else!!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:59 AM
CF Veteran

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Gotcha. if you're going for more than just a day or two then get it done right. The duct tape/epoxy is definitely a TEMPORARY fix.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by no rdplz
Gotcha. if you're going for more than just a day or two then get it done right. The duct tape/epoxy is definitely a TEMPORARY fix.
yeah I hear you. Sucks too cuz the bent line from the dealer isnt even that expensive, oh well.