Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default motor build

ok heres the deal im looking in to building a supercharged 4.0

what thinking is running the 3.7 crank and the 4.7 cam(if im worng in the liters, you should know with one im talking.)

running that crank should lower the compresson, then the 4.7 cam will get me more time with open valves to get air in and out and all.

what i want to know is has someone tryed this, or knows of another way to get the compresson lower. dont want to shime the head no more then i haft to.

im looking to pick up more ftp and hp so im i dont fill so bad running the hwy at 70-80 at night when i get off work. i main my jeep tops out a 90.

im only going to put 5bls of boost throw it, was thinking turbo but there are mud holes around here and dont need it cracking.

i know ppl do the 4.7 crank and cam upgarde but i want to do something deff

end of this month i got a nice bounce comming to me. and most of it is all ready gone thing to my long arm and tries, winsheld, and steering.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:36 AM

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0 I6

Originally Posted by shintastrife
ok heres the deal im looking in to building a supercharged 4.0

what thinking is running the 3.7 crank and the 4.7 cam(if im worng in the liters, you should know with one im talking.)

running that crank should lower the compresson, then the 4.7 cam will get me more time with open valves to get air in and out and all.

what i want to know is has someone tryed this, or knows of another way to get the compresson lower. dont want to shime the head no more then i haft to.

im looking to pick up more ftp and hp so im i dont fill so bad running the hwy at 70-80 at night when i get off work. i main my jeep tops out a 90.

im only going to put 5bls of boost throw it, was thinking turbo but there are mud holes around here and dont need it cracking.

i know ppl do the 4.7 crank and cam upgarde but i want to do something deff

end of this month i got a nice bounce comming to me. and most of it is all ready gone thing to my long arm and tries, winsheld, and steering.
The best way to lower compression is by replacing pistons. Really, if the stock compression ratio is below 10:1, running 5lbs of boost will be no problem for the motor and internals to handle it. I'm interested in this build, it sounds like it will be a good one.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:47 AM

im not shear of the compression yet my cos has me tester, but im looking to go "cheep" if you get where im coming form. pistons can cost 90-500 a each. i know the drag truck my cos has has pistons that where 300 each but he is all so running 800hp 874fpt with a supercharger running 15pis running prim pump gas. its a 350 with 8 to 1 compression, pro street supercharger with twin 4brls setting on it truck that came with a 4 cyl only.

i know they do the 4.7 crank and cam swap and leave the 4.0 pistons and it becomes a stoker motor. but i want something to call me own im shear its been done. but i have not see it around here.

well keep you posted if any thing i might just to a cam swap is the compression is under 10.1 but i would like it to be lower just to be one the safe side you know

would some one be able to tell me what jeeps to be looking at for the 3.7 crank and the 4.7 cam
Old 04-18-2010, 06:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Engine: Renix 4.0L

I think you mean the 4.2. A 4.7 would already be a stroker. And the 3.7 is a V6, which would not work with an I6.

Here is a link to another forum that could probably answer any of your questions:

http://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/

Do you know crazyquadder?
Old 04-18-2010, 06:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1995
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

what head are you gonna use?
Old 04-19-2010, 07:54 PM

was thinking of using the stock head, i know you can use put crank and cam form one motor and make it a stoker, with the 4L but im not wanting to do that, i want to use the cam form that motor and a crank form another motor that will lower the compression b/c of a shorter stork.

still looking into it have not started buying parts yet.