Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 11:27 PM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I-6 4.0 HO
Default The Most Pointless Parts List

I got this idea after reviewing some of the "miracle HP and MPG increase" junk people find on ebay and craigslist, and I thought it might be a bit fun to see what everyone else has found. Just copy/paste a pic of the product, what it is "supposed" to do, and your ideas. Limit only a couple per person.

Let's see how many we get. I will start with this wonderful upgrade:

This is a fuel saver. This is what it is supposed to do:

Improve mileage with a simple fuel saver that installs on your fuel line in 5 minutes. This fuel saving device uses powerful magnets to break apart clusters of fuel molecules - before they are injected, allowing for a more thorough mixture and superior combustion! Increase mileage and horsepower, decreases carbon deposits from unburnt fuel and reduces emissions by 5-15%

What's even more amazing is that it comes in a "Standard" form, or for a little extra $$$, you can get the ULTRA with a stronger magnetic field.

Lol, really? This is absolutely one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. Appariently fuel can clump, which was unknown to me. It's a shame the oil companies and car manufacturers never addressed this issue directly. No wonder our injectors get clogged; they have to pump out clumps of fuel.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW I think I should get one of those fuel saving parts for my jeep...
Just joking! Nah never... This is an absolute CRAP!
Old 01-17-2011, 09:25 AM
CF Veteran

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

(This is directly from the supplier) "The Tornado’s unique airflow dynamics creates a swirling, fast-burn effect in the combustion chamber. This creates finer particles (atomized fuel), allowing better flame propagation and more complete combustion. Tornado causes better fuel atomization, resulting in improved fuel economy. This has been confirmed by road testing performed at an emission lab licensed by the EPA in the United Sates. The Tornado requires no maintenance and is an affordable addition to most cars, utilities and four wheel drives."

ROFL!!!!! Everyone I've EVER talked to that has been dumb enough to buy and install this "miracle worker" has ended up getting WORSE fuel economy. I still can't believe they sell these!
Old 01-17-2011, 02:44 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0

Old 01-17-2011, 03:42 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 9teen98
Engine: 4.0 I6

Originally Posted by no rdplz

(This is directly from the supplier) "The Tornado’s unique airflow dynamics creates a swirling, fast-burn effect in the combustion chamber. This creates finer particles (atomized fuel), allowing better flame propagation and more complete combustion. Tornado causes better fuel atomization, resulting in improved fuel economy. This has been confirmed by road testing performed at an emission lab licensed by the EPA in the United Sates. The Tornado requires no maintenance and is an affordable addition to most cars, utilities and four wheel drives."

ROFL!!!!! Everyone I've EVER talked to that has been dumb enough to buy and install this "miracle worker" has ended up getting WORSE fuel economy. I still can't believe they sell these!
haha. i guess u'll be rofl when i tell you that i was one of these people that have one. it's all good though, cause i didn't actually spend money for it. a couple of my coworkers chipped in and got me a visa gift card for my b-day. so i just used the gift card to buy the tornado. and let me tell you, i get better gas mileage than the hybrids that's out there. and then i wake up and snap back to reality. haha