Lift Kit Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 04:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: i6 4.0
Question Lift Kit Reviews

Ok, so I was doing a little searching on here and its pretty difficult to find any reviews or opinions about certain lift kits, so I thought starting this might be helpful to people. Especially people new to whole lifting/offroading scene.
I mostly got this idea because I was looking at a 3" Rough Country lift and get find very many reviews on that lift and from what I've experienced there are many knowledgeable people on this site and I've found it to be a trustworthy source so far.

Here's what i was thinking.

Post what your lift is: Brand, Height, ect.
Be as specific as possible with what parts are used, maybe even part numbers..
Maybe a little about what you experienced during installation.(especially stuff that was NOT outlined in the instructions)

Now the most important part I suppose..
How long have you had your lift? What have you experienced since you've had it, on and off road? What are the pros and cons? What issues have you had related to the lift? What did you have to do to fix the issues?

Please try to be as UNBIASED as possible and i guess remember that these will be OPINIONS and that not everyone will experience the same things. Also, if you have questions for someone about their lift, please Private Message them and keep this thread clean and on point.

So yeah! Please help us newbies out!
and post a picture of your Jeep with it.

Just because everyone likes to see what people have going.

Also not sure if this goes against any rules or if this is in the right category haha

THANKS!

(kinda nervous to post this, this is my first real thread!)
Old 04-22-2012, 10:30 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 99
Engine: 4.0

Looks likely may get more outta the search function for now.. I'm only on a BB so I'm not able to offer any input from experience. But, RC is pretty low end. Top of the line would be OME. ~900 for like 2" of lift. Look into Zone or Rustys, maybe.
Edit- search "suspension upgrade" see if that gives you anything.

Edit edit- if you don't want to start messing with a lot of steering and driveline upgrades I'd def say stay under 3.5". You can combine a budget boost (BB) and a small lift to save money, but saving money means less ride quality... Look into doing a full leaf pack replacement, not just an AAL. an AAL is jus one helper spring and can't save a worn out leaf pack. (once again, you can combine a new, OEM leaf pack and an AAL to achieve your desired lift can be a bit cheaper than aftermarket pack.
An adjustable trac bar is a good thing, but really all you need is a relocation bracket for the stock bar.
Look into disco front sway bar links and simply scrap the rear one: XJ's with towing package came from factory without a rear one.

Last edited by VTJeep; 04-22-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:05 PM

Engine: 4.0L I6

I hope people pick up on this thread and share their experience. I'm putting the list together for mine to hopefully lift this summer (when I get the money saved).

OME is like my dream lift but when all is said and done it's like $1300 for 3" (granted that's with allot of add ons and options and things).

Search function is awesome for finding info and specifics but these opinion threads really help me navigate through this world which is all new to me.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:15 PM
CF Veteran

This thread should just closed now. Everyone with flame every opinion people have about different companies. Also a lot of people do not just have one company of lift. It's usually a mix
Old 04-22-2012, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by dogger15
This thread should just closed now. Everyone with flame every opinion people have about different companies. Also a lot of people do not just have one company of lift. It's usually a mix

Ok so what if its a mixed lift? People still have an opinion about the different lifts they are using. And sure people are going to be biased (although i specifically ask them not to be), but its still helpful to see what people have to say about certain products.

I just thought id give it a shot and ask. No need to be so negative, it's not hurting anyone.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:16 PM
Banned

isn't there a whole thread about lifts and pics thats stickied in one of the sections and i'm sure searching would net that as a first result
Old 04-22-2012, 07:17 PM
Banned

ohh sorry it was actually the second result...
https://www.cherokeeforum.com/search...archid=3282744
Old 04-22-2012, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by mcguyver_xj
isn't there a whole thread about lifts and pics thats stickied in one of the sections and i'm sure searching would net that as a first result
Thats lift and tire questions.
This isnt for questions
This is for "REVIEWS"
not to ask questions on the thread.

You talk about what you have and give your review of it, pics are optional.

I just want to help people narrow down their search on lifts and stuff, especially those of us who don't know much about the different brands.

This would put people opinions in one place so they don't have to spend hours searching over the internet.

If your not going to contribute to this thread then please don't post on it. I'm simply trying to help new comers like myself and expand the community.

If this thread goes nowhere then it goes nowhere, but please try and help us out!