Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Lift infromation needed--------------------------------------------

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Lift infromation needed--------------------------------------------

I am looking at the 3" RC Lift and a 3.5" Tough Country lift for the same price after everything....which is better for the money....my 89 XJ will be a daily driver that i can play with on the weekends....im ok with something a little rough but which will be smoother?...i've heard that rough country lifts are pretty stiff but what would help that?...new shocks?...
also im going to add a 1-2" shackle spacer (i thinks its called)...and a 1 3/4" spring spacer (i think its called)...will that have any negative effects?
Old 05-25-2010, 11:07 AM
CF Veteran

Received 94 Likes on 85 Posts
Year: 1990, 1999, 2000
Engine: 4.0

rough country is just that, very rough. also, the bushings wear out quick an i've even seen the control arms wallow out where the bushings press in. no honored warranty.
so, personally, i wouldn't give them my hard earned money.

as for tough country, i don't know anybody personally that has their kit, but have heard negative things, but as mentioned, no experience.

it's your money, but i'd look for a more respected company like rusty's, skyjacker or go all out and get rubicon express. especially if it's a daily driver.

just my opinion, but buy what you can afford.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:14 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0 lt. 242 cu.in.

Originally Posted by caged
rough country is just that, very rough. also, the bushings wear out quick an i've even seen the control arms wallow out where the bushings press in. no honored warranty.
so, personally, i wouldn't give them my hard earned money.

as for tough country, i don't know anybody personally that has their kit, but have heard negative things, but as mentioned, no experience.

it's your money, but i'd look for a more respected company like rusty's, skyjacker or go all out and get rubicon express. especially if it's a daily driver.

just my opinion, but buy what you can afford.

Rusty's isn't very good either. Lots of horror stories from them.

RE is very good quality and has a great ride IMO. The only company I would buy above RE is Clayton's and they are pretty expensive.

I would save up your money till you can afford a better lift.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:24 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an RC 3in and love it.It rides nice and I beat the hell out of it and have had no problems with it.I am buying another RC kit for my ZJ and will always buy RC til they give me a reason not to.I did have 1 problem and that was they didn't send shock stickers with my kit.I called them and they sent me 8 shock stickers,2 fender tags and 1 windsheild banner for free .They were very apologetic for the mistake .That to me is a good thing.Their customer service is awesome and would recommend them to anyone.JMO.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:34 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 94
Engine: 4.0L

Moved to Chat from Build section.