Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 12:44 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1988
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default just venting

i put on a new drag link and zj tie rod on my jeep because there was play in the tre's. so i aligned it as best i could and took it to a shop for a "good" alignment.
i get my jeep back after 3 hours and 75$. alwesome! except for one thing...i cant turn left? huh...so i look under my jeep and see that when the tires are straight the pitman arm is at full lock. just a technician mistake no biggie...exept the shop proceeded to tell me they drove my jeep to make sure it worked and there were no problems. then when i told them i diddnt drive it hear like this they told me it was because there was play in my steering box? so i told him that play could not cause this and it was their mistake with the pitman arm. he then says its because the jeep is 25 years old and its my fault because i put a zj tie rod on it. again, not possible. so then he says its because of the 4.5"suspension lift on it. bull crap sir, so i pointed out the pitman arm and show him the problem, he breaks down and says, honestly im not even a technician i just manage the shop?!?!?!!?! so i say get the arm straight and call me when its done. so i leave and get my jeep the next morning and what do you know, they straightened it and and re aligned it and all was good!...or so i thought..again..everything was great until i started hearing noises and my steering wheel going ever so slightly to the right when the wheels were straight..more and more each day the wheel was becoming miss aligned. so i get under there and what do you know, they DIDDNT tighten the adjusting sleeve on the tie rod or the drag link?!?!
so im pissed now, i go to the shop and demand my money back. they say it cant be done because there a cooperation...so i said talk to whoever you need to and ill be back in a couple days if my money isn't in my account.
thats it for now i just wanted to vent
Old 09-25-2013, 01:12 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Was it a big name shop or a small place?
Old 09-25-2013, 03:32 AM
CF Veteran

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts
Year: 1997

If it was a corporation, find the head office!
Old 09-25-2013, 08:21 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001

Big or small, you can always get credited for work they did or didn't do. I find writing a nice short letter addressed to your local news station works the best. Before sending it to the news, send that shop a copy along with one addressed to the PR office at their cooperate office. Tell them that if you don't hear from them in 1 to 2 weeks you are sending it into the news. Use only true facts & keep opinions out.

Got Kaufman furniture store to credit me all $1200 I spent on couches & they told me to keep them. Just drop the subject. Lol
Old 09-25-2013, 10:44 AM
CF Veteran

It's a big named shop, that's a good idea about the letter. If I don't hear back from the shop by Friday I will contact the corporate office
Old 09-25-2013, 11:29 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001

Good for you, good luck.

I really find the letter route is the best & be professional, polite, and right to the point. Sometimes when sheit is going south tempers raise & that gets you (us) nowhere.

Keep us updated.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:22 PM
CF Veteran

I was surprised and happy when I got the mail today and found a 75$ check in there from the cooperation. I'm glad it only went this far and I didn't have to make any other phone calls or anything