Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Jeep Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Jeep Newbie

Im sorry if this topic has come up or has been asked before. I did some quick searching and found good info, but nothing really fully answering my question.

Im in the market for a Cherokee Sport. I currently have two im eyeballing and waiting to pull the trigger on. Both 2001 4x4 4dr 4.0 Automatics one red, one navy. The red one has 68k miles, and the blue one 73k. This is going to be my daily driver. Back and forth to work and some weekly highway travel. I already know i want to lift the jeep. Ill just be blunt and honest because im sure i might catch some crap for this.... No, i dont want to make this an offroad machine. I love the classic cherokee look, and think it looks even better lifted. So yes, i want this for 95% form. The 5% function will be for the huge iowa snow drifts, and random dirt road. What my question comes down to is...What is going to be the best parts combo (lift kit + anything else) for lifting 3.5-4.5in and maintaining ride quality and reliability. I havent figured out which rims ill be going with yet, but i do know i want to go with an aggressive looking All-Terrain tire, so any advice on such a tire would be great too. Also on a side note, i cant stand the look of anything lifted with rear end sag! I would almost rather have the rear be lifted 1/2in higher then the front, rather than the lift level out the vehical. Any opinions on that is appricated as well. Price is not an issue when it comes to the parts. I want a great looking smooth riding jeep, im not going to cut corners and get cheap parts.

So thats it, shoot me your advice and opinions!
Thanks!

Last edited by BiggChris; 01-12-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:14 AM

I would go for this kit......http://www.quadratec.com/products/16...gsc=QSHOPGBASE

You can probably find a better price. Just make sure you get the kit with the full leaf springs and not just a AAL (add a leaf).......Most Cherokee have saggy springs already in the rear and its better to replace the whole pack.
Wouldnt hurt to do adj trackbars also to recenter the axles, and on a 01 a 3+" lift is going to cause some driveline vibes without at least a TC drop, or a SYE installed.

Those are some low mileage ones you have found, what are they going for up that way?
Old 01-13-2010, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Rmart30
Those are some low mileage ones you have found, what are they going for up that way?
Ive been doing alot of looking, im trying to buy one with the least miles i can find.

The navy one with 73k is at a dealer about 3 hours away, they are asking waaaay too much in my opinion....$8000. Its an ex DNR vehical, with a dent in the drivers side rear door.

The red one with 68k is a private party about 6 hours away....$6800.

Im waiting to sell off my F-250 before i make a move on anything, but if it doesnt sell by the end of the month ill pull the trigger. Thanks for your advice on the lift.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:25 PM

Wow, wayyyyyyyy to much IMHO....... But I havent seen any with that low of mileage around here and I look at a lot of them.
Lowest ive seen around here mileage wise are 130k-150k...... and those can be found under $3k with some looking.