Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 11:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L I6
Default Jeep camp?

Anyone ever hear of it? I heard its like a 3 day weekend thing that is in virginia. It sounds pretty cool, I'd go, just not sure if it's real, couldn't find much online about it thou. Let me know if ya know of it. Thanks
Old 01-07-2011, 11:26 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeep Jamboree?

Every club almost has camps atleast once a year. I know the club I'm in goes camping twice a year, about 40 of us go usually.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2/318 MSD Electronic Upgrades

Talking about Camp Jeep. It was held a couple of years here in Va. at the OakRidge Estate. (30 mins from me) They had activities, trail rides, sporting events, concerts, Jeep engineers you could meet and talk to about Jeep tech, events for kids . . . all kinds of different stuff. You can Google "Camp Jeep" and it will bring up some stuff about the past events.

As far as I know there hasn't been anything scheduled for the year 2011 yet. Not real sure why, there have been a couple of reasons why but nothing pinpointed. If Googled there are forums that have some discussions on the event and planning's.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:16 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0 I6

i'm gonna try to go if it's on this year. camp jeep is supposed to be for everyone from a 2wd stocker to a full blown trail rig. although i never checked to see if you gotta be tagged and insured.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:21 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by OverEasy
Talking about Camp Jeep. It was held a couple of years here in Va. at the OakRidge Estate. (30 mins from me) They had activities, trail rides, sporting events, concerts, Jeep engineers you could meet and talk to about Jeep tech, events for kids . . . all kinds of different stuff. You can Google "Camp Jeep" and it will bring up some stuff about the past events.

As far as I know there hasn't been anything scheduled for the year 2011 yet. Not real sure why, there have been a couple of reasons why but nothing pinpointed. If Googled there are forums that have some discussions on the event and planning's.

Hope this helps.
Yes that's it lol. Ill do some research, if it's in Virginia I'm going for sure. Let me know if ya guys hear anything too
Old 01-08-2011, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by OOdynamite
Yes that's it lol. Ill do some research, if it's in Virginia I'm going for sure. Let me know if ya guys hear anything too
LOL! No prob! The last thing I heard was that "they" were thinking one may be in PA. this year. I really haven't heard much else other than it may or may not be called "Camp Jeep".

I'm not really one for posting links to other sites out of respect to the site that's being posted on but I will say if you Google it, its one of the first hits that will come up. I do know that the tickets were pretty high here in Va. I think they were like 250 + per vehicle. Although it was for a whole week of events, concerts, wheeling. . . . Let us know if you find anything on it!

Last edited by OverEasy; 01-08-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:40 PM
CF Veteran

LOL! No prob! The last thing I heard was that "they" were thinking one may be in PA. this year. I really haven't heard much else other than it may or may not be called "Camp Jeep".

I'm not really one for posting links to other sites out of respect to the site that's being posted on but I will say if you Google it, its one of the first hits that will come up. I do know that the tickets were pretty high here in Va. I think they were like 250 + per vehicle. Although it was for a whole week of events, concerts, wheeling. . . . Let us know if you find anything on it!
That would be awesome if it was in PA!!! and yea that's not really a bad price at all. And I'll let ya know if I hear anything else
Old 01-08-2011, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by OOdynamite
That would be awesome if it was in PA!!! and yea that's not really a bad price at all. And I'll let ya know if I hear anything else
Yeah, for a week of stuff and if you take people you can split the ticket. I'm sure you'd like it to be in PA.! LOL! Cool, hope you do!
Old 01-08-2011, 09:20 PM
CF Veteran

Yeah, for a week of stuff and if you take people you can split the ticket. I'm sure you'd like it to be in PA.! LOL! Cool, hope you do!
Yea I was thinking about splitting the ticket. And even if it was in VA I would go lol.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:00 AM

Engine: 4.0 I6

I worked at "Camp Jeep" when it was in Wisconsin about 4 or 5 years ago. It was the greatest event I've ever worked at. There were trails, camping, a concert, and Tony Hawk was there for some reason.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:48 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by bholle
I worked at "Camp Jeep" when it was in Wisconsin about 4 or 5 years ago. It was the greatest event I've ever worked at. There were trails, camping, a concert, and Tony Hawk was there for some reason.
That's awesome!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 03:30 PM

Engine: 4.0
Default CAMP JEEP

Hey all,
I went to the last 4 CAMP JEEPS. They rocked!!! They stopped them back in '07 I think due to the economy. There are always jeep jamborees going on, however there is a Jeep Heritage festival goign on in PA this Aug. Here is the link; http://www.bantamjeepfestival.com/ . While I was at the last on in VA, I got to speak to the outgoing person in charge. He was very straight forward with infoabout CAMP JEEP. It cost JEEP roughly 5 million for the 3 day weekend, and that didn't include all of the donated stuff. I am still holding out that bring it back!!

I still have all of the flags (got duplicates). Also have hundreds of pics. Fel free to ask any questions about it.

Matt
Old 01-09-2011, 03:52 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1987 & 1996
Engine: 4.0

Search Jeep Camp on Youtube.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:59 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Stuckinmud
Hey all,
I went to the last 4 CAMP JEEPS. They rocked!!! They stopped them back in '07 I think due to the economy. There are always jeep jamborees going on, however there is a Jeep Heritage festival goign on in PA this Aug. Here is the link; http://www.bantamjeepfestival.com/ . While I was at the last on in VA, I got to speak to the outgoing person in charge. He was very straight forward with infoabout CAMP JEEP. It cost JEEP roughly 5 million for the 3 day weekend, and that didn't include all of the donated stuff. I am still holding out that bring it back!!

I still have all of the flags (got duplicates). Also have hundreds of pics. Fel free to ask any questions about it.

Matt
That is so awesome!!! I sure hope they bring it back!!