Cherokee Chat General non-tech Cherokee chat
XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ

Intermediate XJ owner needing help or guidance to the right information.......

Old 02-17-2011, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Intermediate XJ owner needing help or guidance to the right information.......

(I'm sure there is several threads to answer my questions, so if you could at least send me the link to the correct thread that I need to look for, that would be cool)

I have a 99 XJ. I had a RC 3" SeriesII lift put on, this is the lift that included the new control arms and add a leaf. It also had a RC TC drop kit put on (which makes a speaking sound) I used the RC wheel spacers so I can use my Jeep wheels and I have 31's. Thats about it. Well the reason for this thread- I wish it was a little higher, could I just add a coil spacer for the front and extended shackles for the rear and if so would I have to change anything???? or.........I do like the look of this lift but it looks lower in the rear than the front, could I just put taller rear shackles on and not have to add anything else? I read once that adding taller shackles actually is a good thing- somthing about it pushes the leafs forward which is better for the driveshafts? that correct?
Next, my doors locks lock when they want to. They seem to work find when my better half gets in for some reson Whats some things to look for as far as that goes?
Throttle body spacer- who has the best deal and do they help on gas mileage?
My muffler is rusting out, is there a higher flowing muffler that is relatively quiet?
What company has the best deal on a nice aftermarket front bumper?
Did I read somwhere on here of someone that builds custom sub boxes for the rear of my XJ that fits in the corner?
Any help on any of these topics would be greatly appreciated......