Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Installing stereo amp and running CB antenna cable

Guys,

I installed 4 new speakers in my XJ and now I am ready to install the 4 channel amp. I was planning on installing it under the drivers seat to make the run as short as possible for the RCA's from the head unit. While I was in there I was going to run the CB antenna cable too. My buddy brought up a good question about running everything on the drivers side (amp power, amp remote power wire, RCA's, speaker wire and CB antenna cable). Am I going to have engine noise or interference if I do it this way? Should I run the CB antenna on the passenger side and the audio cables/wiring on the drivers' side?

What is the consensus on this?
Old 02-19-2015, 12:32 PM
CF Veteran

Received 226 Likes on 176 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0 L

I would run the cb coax on the opposite side, trying not to cross the remote or RCA's if possible.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:09 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Engine: Golen 4.6 Stroker, AFE Headers, 62mm TB, 24 LB Injectors, Brown Dog kit, HF Cat, 3" Exhaust

Just run your CB cable high and the rest low (under top/bottom trim). Side of course depends where your antenna is mounted.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0

OK, I didn't even think about running the CB cable on the top trim. That was pretty easy to do.

Does anyone know if the rear speaker bar wires run down the driver side or passenger side upper trim? Do they usually come to a connector behind the head unit? My XJ had a bunch of add-on wiring for crappy lights that I gutted out and I don't see the speaker wires anywhere. It has an aftermarket head unit and it had a woofer in the back that I did not want (so he kept it, but left all the wiring). I cant figure out how they were running signal to the speaker bar.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:20 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 99 94
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: I6

Originally Posted by WiKDMoNKY
OK, I didn't even think about running the CB cable on the top trim. That was pretty easy to do. Does anyone know if the rear speaker bar wires run down the driver side or passenger side upper trim? Do they usually come to a connector behind the head unit? My XJ had a bunch of add-on wiring for crappy lights that I gutted out and I don't see the speaker wires anywhere. It has an aftermarket head unit and it had a woofer in the back that I did not want (so he kept it, but left all the wiring). I cant figure out how they were running signal to the speaker bar.
The wires for the rear speakers runs down the driver side pillar trim first.