Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Installed New Winch Bumper

New Logan's winch bumper with old style pre runner brush guard. I had it painted black by a near by ford dealership for only $60 with tip.

I love it and can't wait till my Detours tire carrier comes in.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1986
Engine: 2.8 V6

Looks amazing! i think i know what my new bumper might be lookin like!
Old 07-30-2010, 07:36 PM

Year: 1999

that is very nice ,what a good buy.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:10 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 99

nice, what winch you getting?
Old 07-30-2010, 09:00 PM
Seasoned Member

I'll be waiting till christmas to buy a winch,I don't have any money. I'm not sure what kind to get. something 9500+ LBS.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:12 PM

Year: 1998

how much did you pay for your bumper?
Old 07-30-2010, 11:32 PM

Looks good man!! We TJ owners are spoiled when it comes to mounting winches. I love my 9k Warn!! I would recommend a Warn anyday. Stay away from anything that has the name Smittybilt on it. They're made in China and are junk. Warns have a great warranty, and that's something to think about. Remember, NO ONE has ever uttered the words "I wish I would have bought that Smittybilt instead of this Warn!". When it comes to winches, it's best to stay away from the lowest bidder.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:06 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cavediverjc
Looks good man!! We TJ owners are spoiled when it comes to mounting winches. I love my 9k Warn!! I would recommend a Warn anyday. Stay away from anything that has the name Smittybilt on it. They're made in China and are junk. Warns have a great warranty, and that's something to think about. Remember, NO ONE has ever uttered the words "I wish I would have bought that Smittybilt instead of this Warn!". When it comes to winches, it's best to stay away from the lowest bidder.
Thats fummy cause I have a Smittybuilt and have pullled everything imagineable out and have had no problems what so ever.Also have the Logans bumper.If you check them out really well you will see that Warn is made in China also.Bummer,and they are 4xs the price.I have litterally hundreds of jeep buds and most of them that I wheel with have Smittybuilt and they all love them.Go with what you like and can afford.You will hear bad about all winches,just google the brand and failers and you will see.My one bud is a trail leader at Jeepskool and uses his XRC8 all day long for about 3 years now and still runs strong.As for Warn,just ask my friend BadTJ on Jeepskool.com about his 12k Warn that he has burned up 3xs now.

Last edited by troy fritz; 07-31-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:08 AM
CF Veteran

I like the look of that bumper. Nice clean simple look.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:29 AM
Seasoned Member

My girlfriend bought the bumper for me for Father's Day. I paid for the brush guard and the paint. The bumper was around $300 from ebay. I added the old style pre runner brush guard for about $100 and $60 for painting.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by troy fritz
Thats fummy cause I have a Smittybuilt and have pullled everything imagineable out and have had no problems what so ever.Also have the Logans bumper.If you check them out really well you will see that Warn is made in China also.Bummer,and they are 4xs the price.I have litterally hundreds of jeep buds and most of them that I wheel with have Smittybuilt and they all love them.Go with what you like and can afford.You will hear bad about all winches,just google the brand and failers and you will see.My one bud is a trail leader at Jeepskool and uses his XRC8 all day long for about 3 years now and still runs strong.As for Warn,just ask my friend BadTJ on Jeepskool.com about his 12k Warn that he has burned up 3xs now.
Can you provide me with the information that you have that says Warn is made in China? Lol......I don't think so......and as for your buddy's 12k Warn that he's burned up 3 times, I'm sure that's an exception to the norm. It's doubtful that I'll sway you into buying a Warn, and there's no way in hell I'd put anything LESS than a Warn on my rig, so we can agree to disagree and let this gentleman just enjoy his sweet looking bumper without the two of us arguing about winches. Sorry OP, it's all yours.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:21 AM
Seasoned Member

No problem, I love debate.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:04 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cavediverjc
Can you provide me with the information that you have that says Warn is made in China? Lol......I don't think so......and as for your buddy's 12k Warn that he's burned up 3 times, I'm sure that's an exception to the norm. It's doubtful that I'll sway you into buying a Warn, and there's no way in hell I'd put anything LESS than a Warn on my rig, so we can agree to disagree and let this gentleman just enjoy his sweet looking bumper without the two of us arguing about winches. Sorry OP, it's all yours.
Have been lookin for winch for awhile. Searched and found that northridge 4x4,
a project-jk sponsor, got in a shipment recently. Got in a 9.5ti,...from them. Had my brother do the install. He got it all wired up and asked for the remote control.
I go to the box and pull it out . What do I see a sticker "MADE IN CHINA". I am thinking WTF, I searched the forum and thought for close to a grand I wouldn't be getting some cheap piece of crap from China. Then he finishes the install and I see this gap in the top metal parts of the winch that secures the electronics...I say" What did you do..tweak the thing"...he says no..you are the one that is a cheap bastard that bought Chinese ****., its f*cked up because it cheap Chinese
crap.
Also ,here is a website with all the different places where Warn is made.They aren't in the USA.
do you like you'r Amereican made winch now?http://www.globalsources.com/manufac...n-Winches.html

Last edited by troy fritz; 07-31-2010 at 12:44 PM.