Cherokee Chat General non-tech Cherokee chat
XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ

Im going to replace my heater core and my evaporator. What brand do you recomend?

Old 09-28-2017, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Default Im going to replace my heater core and my evaporator. What brand do you recomend?

2000 Cherokee Limited 4.0 . I found a ton of parts online but I'm not sure of what to use. Napa has the napa brand for $186 Quadratech Omix brand for $150 for both the heater core and evaporator. Anything else I should replace while I have it apart?
Old 09-29-2017, 10:23 AM
CF Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: '98
Engine: 4.0 I6

IDK, I had a "spectra" branded heater core and it was a pretty thin aluminum one. I "upgraded" to a full copper/brass one and noticed a huge difference in heat output in the really cold months (outside temps were around 12*F). Others have reported that the aluminum ones are adequate but I would get a copper/brass one if you can find it.

Evap core, I think I picked one up from Oreillys as well, probably Murray branded but can't remember exactly

Check this thread I put together for some tips/pointers, there were some pics but Photobucket screwed the pooch - I will re-upload them when I can.

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f51/97...cement-219723/