Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 07:55 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default i'm getting tired of rude people in this forum

i don't think i'm the only one. you see that someone asked a question, you go in the thread to see if you can help them out, and usually about 3rd or 4th post down someone has to be rude or say something smart. i'm kinda getting tired of these A&&holes. i mean if you have nothing good to say, keep your meatbeaters off the keyboard and keep your hiney licker shut.
seriously, do the people with simple or repeat questions take up a valuable space in this website that was reserved just for you? i thought the name of the game was helping each other.
telling someone to not ask a question but to go do a research is like your college teacher telling you that he doesn't feel like teaching you, so go learn it on your own.

to sum up, if you refuse to offer help to people who haven't researched, leave the post and those of us, who don't mind answering the same questions over and over (i.e. helping) will step in.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:05 PM

I have not been a member here for very long and already understand what you are saying, I am a member of other forums and rarely experiance any rudeness or sarcasm on these other forums.

Last edited by tommyis3; 05-28-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:10 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by tommyis3
I have not been a member her for very long and already understand what you are saying, I am a member of other forums and rarely experiance and rudeness or sarcasm..
even if you have an issue that has been answered before, don't be afraid to ask. we'll re-answer it for ya. after all, you life literally depends on the quality of your knowledge about a problem. if you read a thread, and say "i think i know what they meant", and then fix something wrong, i guarantee you asphalt will not forgive you at 60 mph.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 6 cyl

Half the time I do a search all I find is a dozen others asking the same question and the only response to them is "do a search" LOL

I always try to search but some forums' search features and I just don't get along. They'll find zero results for something I know is there. And I'm a member of about a dozen different forums, so it's not like I'm a n00b to the innerwebz
Old 05-28-2010, 08:19 PM

I am a member on a pool forum and sometimes it gets way out of line on there. They have this section called NPR ( non pool related ) and everytime you post something that someone dissagrees they will blast you for no reason. Its not so bad when someone asks a question because there are not as many repeat questions on there but there are still those that instantly attack someone. A lot of the stuff is political and everyone knows how those debates always end up...... I have an itrader of 50 and well over 3000 posts and it still amazes me at how inconciderate and childish people are. I personally do not mind helping anyone out and would not have a problem answering or trying to answer the same question day after day. If everyone would remember back to the very first time they posted a question or joined a forum they would realize that they are no different than anyone else.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:59 PM
CF Veteran

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Model: Cherokee (XJ)

yup, but some people forget where they come from.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1997
Engine: Used engine just put in less than 79kmiles onit jeepersCreepers 60mm TB, '99-'01 intake, BorlaHeader

I hope everyone reads this thread!
Old 05-28-2010, 10:06 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by The Black
I hope everyone reads this thread!
well the problem is that, once the rude people come in and read this, they're probably gonna tell me to close it and do research because this thread has been done before.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1997
Engine: Used engine just put in less than 79kmiles onit jeepersCreepers 60mm TB, '99-'01 intake, BorlaHeader

You are probably right. But for those folks I try to ingnore the threads that they start and there rude posts. Eventually I think they will get the hint. When I got a lift put on my jeep and things started going wrong I didnt know crap and didnt know who or what to ask them. So I stated googling and found CF and Thank goodness. Cuz otherwise I think I would have just sold my XJ and its problems to someone else. Thanks CF. This web site is much appreciated.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:25 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 97
Engine: 4.0L

I think the majority of people on here don't mind answering questions multiple times other wise they wouldn't be on here. I bugs me a bit to see the same thing 3-4 spaces down but hey people gotta learn and asking questions and getting a bunch of different opinions/answers is what I love about this thing.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:45 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Tural
well the problem is that, once the rude people come in and read this, they're probably gonna tell me to close it and do research because this thread has been done before.
It has been done before, not long ago.

I dont care if someone asks a question thats been done before, the thing thats annoying is when the same question is 3 spaces down and the OP either doesnt know english or doesnt care..
Old 05-28-2010, 11:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1985
Engine: puny lil 4 cyld... 2,5 litres, I-4, carburettor

Shouldn't this be in "non tech off topic"?

Just playing man, but when I got sick of hearing that I learned how to use the search function. I also made sure that when I started a thread I would make sure I would finish it off when I figured out what the problem was. Then it will hopefully help out others down the line. Heres a link that really helped me with searching. It is on Naxja but works on most forums.

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=80053

Hope that at least helps someone.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:04 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1989
Model: Comanche

I have to this point found this forum to be one of the most helpful and friendly forums around. Most people are friendly and helpful. I do not mind answering questions for people even if they have been answered before. However, what bugs me is when people sign up post their question and dont even go look again. Not that we can truly do anything about that but honestly I have not seen much hostility. This is one of the friendliest forums I have ever been on and most people want to defend that. Everyone be on the look out for hostility and if it is mild hostility make a friendly remark about it in the post but vulgar or heavy hostility towards any member should be reported in my opinion.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:24 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with the OP of this post.I have gotten really sick of people sometimes.It's acctually gotten me to be mean sometimes cuz of the rudness.I don't mean to be.I'm just here to help like I've been helped.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:30 AM
Registered Users

Year: 1992

If a subject has been handled numerous times and 4 threads below is the SAME question, can we be rude then?

I mean how many questions about 3.5 lift and 31's can there seriously be?

Quick Reply: i'm getting tired of rude people in this forum