Sponsored by: DashLynx

I need help in deciding where to go now :sad:

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Default I need help in deciding where to go now :sad:

Well started working on the cool system dug my way to the drain peacock and found a heartbreaking discovery.
Attached Thumbnails I need help in deciding where to go now :sad:-006.jpg   I need help in deciding where to go now :sad:-005.jpg   I need help in deciding where to go now :sad:-003.jpg  
Old 04-16-2015, 10:25 AM

F
Attached Thumbnails I need help in deciding where to go now :sad:-012.jpg  
Old 04-16-2015, 10:37 AM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Straigten and plate.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:43 AM

straighten it and weld a plate in so it does not crack ? How would that work with the bumper being mounted onto the frame?
Originally Posted by SeriousOffroad
Straigten and plate.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:52 AM
::CF Administrator::

Received 770 Likes on 524 Posts
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.6 stroker

Um...take the bumper off?
Old 04-16-2015, 11:00 AM

Ha h aha your funny. Bumpers not the issue the frames smashed in!
Originally Posted by roninofako
Um...take the bumper off?
Old 04-16-2015, 11:16 AM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

There are plenty of aftermarket bumpers that have longer/stronger mounting plates that will reinforce your existing Unibody frame rails.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:49 AM

I have no funds for an aftermarket bumper really wish i did i actually planned on just building off the metal piece.
Originally Posted by SeriousOffroad
There are plenty of aftermarket bumpers that have longer/stronger mounting plates that will reinforce your existing Unibody frame rails.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:53 PM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Jez.......If its junk in your mind I'll give you a $100 and get that death trap out of your driveway.

Its not a big deal to fix and if you had inspected it closely when you bought it you should have saw that and if it was an issue not bought it.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:51 PM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1997

if you own it and it drives fine...drive it. ain't worth nothin to sell.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:38 AM
::CF Administrator::

Received 770 Likes on 524 Posts
Year: 97
Engine: 4.6 stroker

Originally Posted by 98XJSPORTSATINJADED
Ha h aha your funny. Bumpers not the issue the frames smashed in!
I know this...You need to take off the bumper to fix it. Straighten it and plate it with a good aftermarket uniframe reinforcement kit. RuffStuff, TNT Customs, and DirtBound Offroad are some good examples of what you can get. Then do what you will with the bumper. If you're going to go as far as plating the uniframe, then bumpers will be a cakewalk. If you aren't going to go that far, sell it, and just get another.
Originally Posted by 98XJSPORTSATINJADED
I have no funds for an aftermarket bumper really wish i did i actually planned on just building off the metal piece.
If you don't have the funds for an aftermarket bumper, cut your losses, sell it to someone who can fix it, and find another.

Can this be fixed? Sure...but it sounds like you have neither the experience or the funds to do it the way it needs to be done. You can either learn how to do it, or pay someone to do it. Both options will cost you, and although doing it yourself will cost less labor wise, you have tooling and materials (on top of learning what to do) that will cost you. So...you can use this as a learning opportunity, or pay someone to do it properly, or sell it and get another...or just drive the **** out of it, and call it good.

Your call.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:49 AM
::CF Moderator::

Received 1,526 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Year: 1990

I know this...You need to take off the bumper to fix it. Straighten it and plate it with a good aftermarket uniframe reinforcement kit. RuffStuff, TNT Customs, and DirtBound Offroad are some good examples of what you can get. Then do what you will with the bumper. If you're going to go as far as plating the uniframe, then bumpers will be a cakewalk. If you aren't going to go that far, sell it, and just get another.

If you don't have the funds for an aftermarket bumper, cut your losses, sell it to someone who can fix it, and find another.

Can this be fixed? Sure...but it sounds like you have neither the experience or the funds to do it the way it needs to be done. You can either learn how to do it, or pay someone to do it. Both options will cost you, and although doing it yourself will cost less labor wise, you have tooling and materials (on top of learning what to do) that will cost you. So...you can use this as a learning opportunity, or pay someone to do it properly, or sell it and get another...or just drive the **** out of it, and call it good.

Your call.
Well stated.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:54 PM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Year: 1999

Your call.

Amen!!