Cherokee Chat General non-tech Cherokee chat
XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ

how does this make any sence?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how does this make any sence?

im looking at getting a brush guard for my WJ...im actually planning on doing a lot to it here soon..im wanting to remodel it in a way...

but anyways im looking at brush guards and they will say fits 99-04 blah blah blah, but then itll say something like "does not fit limited" or does not fit laredo, or does not fit overland.....

how the heck does it make a difference...yea some of them may have tow hooks up front and i know thats where you bolt the brush guard to the jeep, but you can have both the hooks and the guard..

i dont know, just doesnt make any sence to me what so ever, so if anyone can shed light on the subject id appreciate...

the one i want says will not fit limited, special edition, or overland..do in other words its just for the laredo? how so.....now i do know that also in i think 04 was when they did this, but they changed the bottom of the bumper where it protects the bottom of the radiator...but they did that on all models...

ive thought of everything i can, but nothing seems to make any sence...and i dont want to get the brush guard that i want and then find out it really wont fit the limited...but im sure it would...heh
Old 04-24-2010, 08:53 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

I don't know if it's what they mean but my brother has an '04 WJ Laredo and the bumpers are a totally different shape than the bumpers on my "04 WJ SE which shares the Limiteds bumper. I know the factory tow hooks will fit all WJ models. Maybe the grille guard can be modified/trimmed to fit?
Old 04-24-2010, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by ol"blue
I don't know if it's what they mean but my brother has an '04 WJ Laredo and the bumpers are a totally different shape than the bumpers on my "04 WJ SE which shares the Limiteds bumper. I know the factory tow hooks will fit all WJ models. Maybe the grille guard can be modified/trimmed to fit?
well then dangit i guess i have to admit defeat then..

bc from what i saw if it fit the laredo it didnt fit any of the others, but if it fit them all it was all of them but not the laredo

so what you're saying makes sence
Old 04-24-2010, 09:08 AM

yea i just looked on line at them side by side..your right...i cant believe i never noticed that before...usually i have an eye for detail espcially when it comes to jeeps..lol