Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Here is my lift

This is the lift kit I've decided to get. If somebody wouldnt mind could you look into this kit and tell me anything I may need to provide a better ride. Shortly after I purchase the kit I'll purchase a SYE kit. My plan is to go ahead and get the kit and get the rest through out the next few months like tires, body stuff, etc. Your help will be great. Thank you

http://zoneoffroad.com/product?ki=35&gr=-1#no_op
Old 08-07-2012, 08:46 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Usafmikejr
This is the lift kit I've decided to get. If somebody wouldnt mind could you look into this kit and tell me anything I may need to provide a better ride. Shortly after I purchase the kit I'll purchase a SYE kit. My plan is to go ahead and get the kit and get the rest through out the next few months like tires, body stuff, etc. Your help will be great. Thank you

The longer sway bar links in my opinion are pointless if you plan on wheeling your Jeep. You should get disconects instead. But if you do that you need longer brakelines instead of just relocation brackets. I hear good things about this brand.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Banned

Rustys makes a good kit..its a little more expensive but has more of what you need
Old 08-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Resident Zombie Hunter

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0L

I would recommend getting full leafs to replace yours instead of add a leaf. After going with 4.5" leafs I kinda wish I'd done 3" leafs and 1.5" shackles for better flex.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:57 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by nskjeep886
Rustys makes a good kit..its a little more expensive but has more of what you need
I wouldnt get Rustys over Zone. But thats just me. For a cheapy kit zone gets good reviews, cant say the same about Rustys
Old 08-08-2012, 08:01 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Usafmikejr

Oh yeah and since you are concern about drivability, at 4.5in you will definately want a double shear adjustable track bar. You will get bumpsteer and maybe even wobble if you dont get it. I used to think it was ok and doable but only after installing it I realized how crappy the ride actually was due to the stock trackbar being too short.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:34 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L

Rustys is garbage, I've had issues with rustys components on 2 different Jeeps, They only thing I would do with Rustys offroad parts is melt them down into a boat anchor form.

Zone offroad is owned by BDS which is known for quality.

When it comes to suspension the companys I personally consider are :

Clayton Offroad
TNT Customs
Currie Enterprises
Old Man Emu
Rubicon Express
RockKrawler
BDS
Deaver
Alcan
Fox
Bilstein

Companys that should be avoided

Rough Country
Tuff Country
Rustys Offroad
Old 08-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tom95YJ

Rustys is garbage, I've had issues with rustys components on 2 different Jeeps, They only thing I would do with Rustys offroad parts is melt them down into a boat anchor form.

Zone offroad is owned by BDS which is known for quality.

When it comes to suspension the companys I personally consider are :

Clayton Offroad
TNT Customs
Currie Enterprises
Old Man Emu
Rubicon Express
RockKrawler
BDS
Deaver
Alcan
Fox
Bilstein

Companys that should be avoided

Rough Country
Tuff Country
Rustys Offroad
Well thank you for crushing my dreams lol
Old 08-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by helmut
Oh yeah and since you are concern about drivability, at 4.5in you will definately want a double shear adjustable track bar. You will get bumpsteer and maybe even wobble if you dont get it. I used to think it was ok and doable but only after installing it I realized how crappy the ride actually was due to the stock trackbar being too short.
Ok thankyou. Ill defently look into getting one of those as well
Old 08-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Old School CF Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 2001

Double sheer trac bar is not needed, you just need an adjustable one....double sheer would be preferred but not required. Your gonna hear mixed stuff about rustys and about rough country. Ive run both, ran a rustys kit for about 2 years, beat the **** out of it, never broke a single thing...ran a rough country kit for about 6 months, rode way too stiff for me, but it got the job done.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Xj88
Double sheer trac bar is not needed, you just need an adjustable one....double sheer would be preferred but not required. Your gonna hear mixed stuff about rustys and about rough country. Ive run both, ran a rustys kit for about 2 years, beat the **** out of it, never broke a single thing...ran a rough country kit for about 6 months, rode way too stiff for me, but it got the job done.
All my friends run rustys kit on there xj and cj and I've never heard of them breaking parts on the lift just parts on the jeep that was going to break from wheeling anyway...it all depends on how aggressive you drive your rig, if you go climb a few hills here and there maybe a little mudd than your not gonna break any kit you get but if your baja type going 50mph up a rock hill jumping it and stuff then yea expect stuff to break no matter what you get...im getting the rustys 4.5 cuz its 700 bucks bout mid price and it comes with alot of stuff other kits down come with for 1200 bucks
Old 08-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Old School CF Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 2001

All my friends run rustys kit on there xj and cj and I've never heard of them breaking parts on the lift just parts on the jeep that was going to break from wheeling anyway...it all depends on how aggressive you drive your rig, if you go climb a few hills here and there maybe a little mudd than your not gonna break any kit you get but if your baja type going 50mph up a rock hill jumping it and stuff then yea expect stuff to break no matter what you get...im getting the rustys 4.5 cuz its 700 bucks bout mid price and it comes with alot of stuff other kits down come with for 1200 bucks

I can say good choice. Ive ran their stuff, and Ive gone up stuff I thought would tear the under side of my jeep apart. The rustys stuff never failed, their trac bars have been known to shoot the shiz but i never had the problem. Its a great deal in my opinion, plus they have a vendor right up the street from my place, just go pick up anything I want, no shipping charge!
Old 08-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Banned

I can say good choice. Ive ran their stuff, and Ive gone up stuff I thought would tear the under side of my jeep apart. The rustys stuff never failed, their trac bars have been known to shoot the shiz but i never had the problem. Its a great deal in my opinion, plus they have a vendor right up the street from my place, just go pick up anything I want, no shipping charge!
Well there you go man..your lucky..I can't say much cuz im 2 exits from summit racing but there stuff is expensive, I make good money but not to put in this jeep I race my quad too so most the money goes in that
Old 08-08-2012, 03:40 PM
CF Veteran

Thats correct. But if you want to buy an adjustable trackbar, you'd be making a huge mistake not upgrading to a double shear. Its not like its a $1000 extra. And to the OP, despite the constent debate about RC and Rustys quality and people liking it and whatnot. But as far as trackbars go, everyone is on the same page - stay away from Rough Country and Rustys trackbars.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:15 PM

check out t-n-t

Quick Reply: Here is my lift