Cherokee Chat General non-tech Cherokee chat
XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

To the guy who used to own my Cherokee....

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2000, (1957 Willys)
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default To the guy who used to own my Cherokee....

To the guy who used to own my 2000 Cherokee Sport,

When I first brought her home I thought she was a good vehicle, like any other jeep, she looked pretty good. I thought it was odd that she had an unusual fear of hammers, but I pulled her into the garage to give her the maintenance special.

I was aware of the overheating you had subjected her to, and the signs were there. Low oil pressure, a reman'd head, a thermostat that failed to open even when subjected to the temperature of the sun.

It was what I didn't see that ended up horrifying me. It appears that you had no idea what you were doing. You have two tools in your garage, vise grips and a hammer. (three if you count yourself) You stripped just about every bolt that you could reach. You replaced the bolts you lost with the ones you apparently took from your first bike. I spent over 4 hours today massaging back into place the oil pan that you beat the **** out of.

Well, you had her for 108,000 miles. You put some chrome rims on her like you were the king of the ghetto. Those are history. You damn near wrecked her. You are probably telling all your friends that jeeps are 'crap' and that you would never buy another. I hope that's so. Please never touch another jeep for the rest of your life.

She's back together and I'm happy. I really hope you see us out and about, for the next few hundred thousand miles.

Enjoy your blazer/durango/escape.

I'm done venting.

Moncheche
Old 06-25-2011, 10:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2L MPI V8 (318)

I feel your pain. Mine was severely neglected. Least the XJ is in better hands with you now.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1986
Engine: 2.8 V6

My turn

Dear previous owner,
Why was the front bumper, grill, right fender, headlights and every other front piece just sitting in the trunk when i bought the Jeep??? Were you bord or something? Oh and thank you soo much for breaking off all the little mounts inside the center consoul, now it will wiggle left and right forever. I really thank you for only putting 79,000 miles on it and keeping up with your oil changes.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:22 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Yup. Some people should be banned from ever touching anything on a vehicle other than the ignition key. Unfortunately, some think they are good mechanics but accomplish nothing other than making thing difficult for the next owner.

Luckily mine had had basic maintenance performed (fluids and filters) but not much else so getting everthing back into proper form wasn't too hard.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:23 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 1996

To the guy that used to own my 96 cherokee

I found your weed stashed under the center console, your video store card, and some spare change.....
Old 06-25-2011, 10:29 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1992

Haha tough luck to some of you guys...my jeep came to me really clean, well taken care off, not beat up hardly at all...o and thanks for buying and installing the lift and new tires.lol
Old 06-25-2011, 10:44 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I swear that was bout the funniest thing i've read on here! Still laughing!
Old 06-25-2011, 10:47 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1994
Engine: 4.0 HO

mine was forestry service so its all good as far as maintenance goes lucky me i guess
Old 06-25-2011, 11:10 PM

Year: 1993

I bought mine from a guy that had owned it since 94. Was garaged its entire life (never seen off-road), washed/waxed regularly, and what ever repairs it needed, it got!. I was amazed when I realized after I bought it that every single fluid in the jeep looked brand new.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:13 PM

Year: 1998
Engine: Straight 6 4.0L

My jeep had never been off roaded before i got it. Always had regular maintenance and got everything it needed. The tires, shocks and brakes were all replaced not even 10,000 miles ago. Although when they did the brakes, the replaced the brake pads and rotated the hubs, but they didnt replace the calipers. So i have 2 calipers on their way to me so i can replace them and make sure they are tight and not moving around like the ones i have on it now.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:02 AM

Year: 2001

I was on my way to test drive a 05 dodge 2500 4 door and saw an 80 year old guy takin the plates off my baby. He bought it brand new and had every oil change and every other fluid changed at the same dealer he bought it from and the same on that sold it to me! Had 85 k on it from the 10 years he had it and it's got 135 k now since September 3
Old 06-26-2011, 12:17 AM
CF Veteran

Engine: 4.0L, CAI, Edelbrock Breather, Optima Yellowtop

Here's one for my 1996 XJ.

To the first owner, the city of St. Louis, Missouri: Thank you for keeping her rust free, but you did rip the drivers door hinges off at one point and welded them back , you also killed the center console lid and put small tears in the side of the drivers seat. I'm not too happy overall.

To the second owner, some Indian guy from Dearborn, MI: I found your daughter's school transfer application form under the rear seat.. I also wanted to know why you decided to put an ugly ***** reflective blue and white stripe down the side of my Jeep. Also, you had it painted by the cheapest person in town... That was dumb. I also want to know why you decided to hit another car in a rear end collision and not fix the front bumper, they're only $40. Just stay away from my XJ please.

To the third owner/guy who sold me my Jeep from Wyandotte, MI: Thanks for only selling it to me for $3000. But I noticed you lied about a few things bud. I asked you if the oil drips on the ground were from my Jeep, you said they were from another car that was parked there earlier . I fixed the leak, but you're still a liar. I also want to know why you used the "black forest" little tree air freshener. Those smell like s*** everyone knows that! I had to air the Jeep out for days and hazmat was threatening to show up. not cool man.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:39 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000

Originally Posted by 1996XJSport
I also want to know why you used the "black forest" little tree air freshener. Those smell like s*** everyone knows that! I had to air the Jeep out for days and hazmat was threatening to show up. not cool man.
They needed it to cover up a smell even worse than black forest? Yuck :P
Old 06-26-2011, 12:50 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1994
Engine: i6 HO

You sir saved another one!
I think its picture time!
Old 06-26-2011, 01:09 AM

Engine: 4.0 inline 6 cyl.

Originally Posted by Moncheche
Enjoy your blazer/durango/escape.

Quick Reply: To the guy who used to own my Cherokee....