First review of FF Dynamics

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 10:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L HO
Default First review of FF Dynamics

I got their all aluminum 3 row radiator with the extreme triple threat electric fans. The extreme kit comes with hand made aluminum shrouds as compared to the triple threat kit with no shrouds. From what they claim by having the shrouds the temp of the fan motors is cut down by 94° because they aren't mounted right in the radiator. Each fan has its own shroud so they aren't fighting each other. When it's on you could feel the air getting pulled into the radiator. They said they are rated for a total of 3300 cfm with only a 5 amp draw per fan. It went in with no issues just like an OEM replacment. I only had to trim the four bolts down that the mechanical fan was mounted to for clearance. The fans can be set to come on anywhere from 125° to 230°. I have them set to come on at 190°. It comes pre wired and they give you the choice to use a heat probe or a screw in probe. I chose the heat probe that gets placed between the fins and tank on the passenger side. For the screw in one I would've had to drill and tap the tank and didn't want to do this on a brand new radiator! There is enough room that I didn't have to bend any of the fins to mount the probe. They include a switch that is optional to use inline so you could turn off the fans for deep water or mud so the fans don't get damaged which I did install. I took it on a 2 hr road trip today after I finished up the install and the Jeep seems to have alittle more pep in it's step! So far I'm happy with it, but only time will tell. I paid $500 to my door, but of course they
have it for sale now for $375 and they still have the free shipping. I'm not affiliated in no way with FF Dynamics and not a salesmen for these or any other auto parts. I'm just a weekend warrior trying to give an honest opinion on a part that someone else would possibly be looking into buying. It also has a lifetime warranty to top it off. After a week of driving i'll post on how it's doing. Before the install I was getting on average of 17.4 mpg. That's a mix of highway and city driving. I'm not expecting to get a big jump in MPG, but as we all could attest to every little bit would help.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:13 PM

Picks before the install.
Attached Thumbnails First review of FF Dynamics-forumrunner_20110807_231247.jpg   First review of FF Dynamics-forumrunner_20110807_231307.jpg  
Old 08-07-2011, 10:14 PM

And after.
Attached Thumbnails First review of FF Dynamics-forumrunner_20110807_231353.jpg  
Old 09-13-2011, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what are your temps? idling? running down the hwy? any updates? i need to do an upgrade myself
Old 09-14-2011, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by isenegger
what are your temps? idling? running down the hwy? any updates? i need to do an upgrade myself
It runs around 200° idling. I never seen it go over that. We had some hot days here after I put it in and the temp didn't go up. The fans ran more, but that didn't hurt anything. I never noticed my lights dimming from the fans turning on. I have a dummy light so I don't know how much if any the voltage drops when they are on. Going down the highway the temp runs about the 195° range. Well worth the money!
Old 10-29-2011, 01:31 PM

Year: 1994 2-door
Engine: 4.0L

Still happy with the fan + radiator kit? Have you noticed any MPG change?

Thinking about replacing my busted-up radiator with one of these.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by plinkerneil
Still happy with the fan + radiator kit? Have you noticed any MPG change?

Thinking about replacing my busted-up radiator with one of these.
It's still working flawless! From what I figured I was getting almost 2 mpg more after the install. Very happy with it!
Old 10-30-2011, 01:24 AM

Year: 1994 2-door
Engine: 4.0L

Sounds good. If all goes well with my body guy on Monday, I'll be putting that kit in as the replacement.

Last edited by plinkerneil; 10-30-2011 at 01:25 AM. Reason: gin Martinis + posting = typo
Old 09-11-2012, 12:43 PM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0 6 CYL.

just one week ago made this kit installation ( just the fans & controller).

looks less efficency than the OEM fans ( that shows the temp gauge). Im thinking on get the shrouds......... to increase the efficency.

How its going ( fan KIT ) one year after ? I mean did you have something bad with it ?
Old 09-11-2012, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by CHEKO
just one week ago made this kit installation ( just the fans & controller).

looks less efficency than the OEM fans ( that shows the temp gauge). Im thinking on get the shrouds......... to increase the efficency.

How its going ( fan KIT ) one year after ? I mean did you have something bad with it ?
I have mine over a year now and haven't had one problem with it. I have the whole kit (radiator and fans with shrouds) and my temp doesn't ever go up.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:09 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1994
Engine: 190-hp, 4.0-liter I-6

Was it pretty easy to install?
Old 09-12-2012, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Cherokeekid4x4
Was it pretty easy to install?
Very easy! Radiator went in like the factory one came out and the fans were easy to wire up. They give a control block for the fans that has all the wires needed. I followed the directions and was in in no time. The only complaint I have is my heat now sucks in the winter time. When sitting at idle I have heat, but as soon as i start to drive I'm lucky if it's warm at all. It don't bother me since it's not my DD anymore, but something to take into consideration if you live in a cooler climate. I'd rather have the problem with the heat then be over heating when out playing.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:29 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by jeepin_xj

Very easy! Radiator went in like the factory one came out and the fans were easy to wire up. They give a control block for the fans that has all the wires needed. I followed the directions and was in in no time. The only complaint I have is my heat now sucks in the winter time. When sitting at idle I have heat, but as soon as i start to drive I'm lucky if it's warm at all. It don't bother me since it's not my DD anymore, but something to take into consideration if you live in a cooler climate. I'd rather have the problem with the heat then be over heating when out playing.
Might want some heat.. Would a higher degree thermostat fix that
Old 09-12-2012, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Cherokeekid4x4

Might want some heat.. Would a higher degree thermostat fix that
I don't know. I run a 180* in mine if I remember correctly. I would think it would. Now I have the extreme kit with the radiator so of your only getting the fans you may not have the problem.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:00 PM
CF Veteran

I kinda want the whole kit haha

Quick Reply: First review of FF Dynamics