OR-Fab closed

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 00'
Model: Cherokee
Engine: l6 4.0l 242.c.i.
Default OR-Fab closed

Anybody know anything about this? I was looking for parts and found out that they closed down last year.

Their website says "OR-Fab is currently reorganizing and will be reopening very soon."

By searching a thread on on another forum I see that has been displayed for over a year now. Are they actually gonna make a comeback?
Old 10-23-2017, 11:21 PM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

From facebook
CLOSING OF OR-Fab (JULY 1, 2016)
OR-Fab has officially closed its business on July 1, 2016. As a result, we are no longer accepting orders for sale or services. We thank you for your valued business over the years, and the opportunity to serve you. We wish you all continued success in the future.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:07 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0 Litre I6

Originally Posted by andrewmp6
From facebook
CLOSING OF OR-Fab (JULY 1, 2016)
OR-Fab has officially closed its business on July 1, 2016. As a result, we are no longer accepting orders for sale or services. We thank you for your valued business over the years, and the opportunity to serve you. We wish you all continued success in the future.
Somebody is still paying for that domain address though. It says they have been restructuring. But it has said that for a very long time now. Who knows.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:33 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by CurrySoSpicy
Somebody is still paying for that domain address though. It says they have been restructuring. But it has said that for a very long time now. Who knows.
detours off-road has been in this mode for a bit as well
Old 10-24-2017, 09:46 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0 Litre I6

Originally Posted by Martlor13
detours off-road has been in this mode for a bit as well
It’s a shame, really like some some of the OR FAB products I saw. Detours has some good looking stuff as well.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:24 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by CurrySoSpicy
It’s a shame, really like some some of the OR FAB products I saw. Detours has some good looking stuff as well.
lots of competition in the off-road world now. Lots of ballin on a budget as well
Old 10-24-2017, 11:44 PM
CF Veteran

Engine: 4.5L Stroker

Yeah alot of still big name companies have stopped XJ specific line of parts also. SYNERGY (Poly performance) has dtopped producing there XJ long arm. Rock krawler years ago now stopped making their XJ long arm and a few other companies I can't think of at the moment. Oh yeah Victory 4x4, they made some sweet modular bumpers. I really wanted there rear bumper.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:45 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Gotta look at it this way the demand for stuff for something older like the xj is low,Now look at the demand of something new like a jk.I know OR FAB made stuff for everything but they could have ran the company in to the ground who knows the truth.With off road parts you gotta stay on top of the market and always changing things up to keep it fresh and wanted.Look at how many smaller bumper companies closed up because it no longer showed a profit and most probably have a day job and gave up.