XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ

In defense of Stealerships..

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 02:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Default In defense of Stealerships..

Had the day off…. so I headed to the local dealership to get some stuff…(oil filter and a new gas cap)…

I’ll be honest and say…I’d probably never bring my XJ in to have any work done there..But I will give props to their parts department..…There aren’t any decent JYs around me…add to that the fact that things aren’t really tight money-wise for me..…and sometimes…. I just want it... and I want it now…

The 2 guys there are always nice…Today I inquired about a build sheet for my rig(yeah I know you can get it online)…..They said sure..no problem…and printed it right up for me.. I’ve often had them order small obscure stuff for me like clips or ***** if there still available…Or have them look up a part number for me…They never act like I’m bothering them…and even when they look something up for me and tell me the price…They laugh when I remark…"No way I’m paying that"…I still buy most of the stuff I want online …even the OEM stuff…but it’s still nice having another option for parts if needed....
Old 03-30-2011, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee (WJ)
Engine: 4.7 HO

Was looking for random parts for my xj and searching the online parts catalog of a local dealer and found that they has priced the front skid for about $9.00. I called the dealer just to verify and they said it was the correct price but the skid was no longer available. So out of curiosity, I asked them to check on a metal gas tank skid for a 94 xj. The parts guy did and found one at a dealer in Indiana and their listed price was $12.00. He gave me the number to the Indiana dealer and I called and had them ship to me a never used or installed oe gas tank. Paid a total of $33 for the skid and shipping. Now, I occasionally call the local dealer back to check the price of other oe parts and they always do.