Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default A Couple Of Questions

Ok ive got a couple questions for you guys and hopefully you can help me out.

1. My jeep always leaked from the rear main seal...So dumb me went to a local Midas shop and got it done in a day. Now its always had some vibes but after they finished it it was alot worse. I went back the second i drove it out of the lot and they said it was motor mounts. So i took it to my mechanic and he said it was most likely the transmission mount that is going bad. So now im on the hunt for one. I cant find any online for a 2000 with a 4.0 If anyone knows were i can buy one from. My local pepboys didnt have any, also the dealership wanted $213 for the mount alone. Crazy!

2. I put in a new d30 and my mechanic not knowing i put on an aftermarket steering stabilzer didnt put on my old one and left the one i got with the axle. I bought it to get an alignment because i had horrible death wobble and told him to put in my SS. When i picked it up he said he put in in a new place so it would act like a dual stabilzer. One side is attached to were my swaybar would go. After the alignment it doesnt have DW but its still a little shaky going over bumps at speed. Should i just replace the old worn out one with my newer one or keep this set up?
Attached Thumbnails A Couple Of Questions-ss1.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 09-17-2012, 06:31 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L Inline 6

Did that aftermarket steering stabilizer put it on that side of the Jeep too? Notice mine is on the left. Just wondering.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:40 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 HO Straight Six

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ANI-2570/

Heck yeah I just saved you $200

*edit* Oh and a steering stabilizer isn't going to do anything for DW besides cover it up. Get down there and find the root cause of your DW. Is that an IRO double sheer track bar I see? If that's tight and the bushings are good, then you're all set there. Check your control arm bushings, ball joints and wheel balance.

Last edited by ZINGGG; 09-17-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:47 PM
CF Veteran

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 93 2 door

A steering stabilizer will not fix DW. You could spend a couple bucks and a couple hours to replace some worn out parts and fix that DW the right way

If you want to replace the stabilizer and keep driving, fine that is your choice. But the stabilizer will wear out again after awhile and your DW will return
Old 09-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000

Originally Posted by 1996sportXJ
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ANI-2570/

Heck yeah I just saved you $200

*edit* Oh and a steering stabilizer isn't going to do anything for DW besides cover it up. Get down there and find the root cause of your DW. Is that an IRO double sheer track bar I see? If that's tight and the bushings are good, then you're all set there. Check your control arm bushings, ball joints and wheel balance.
Sweet thanks! i could not for the life of me find a trans mount. I will have to get to the root of it. Yes i just got the IRO double sheer kit and its brand new and pure heavy duty!