Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 01:44 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L Inline 6
Default CherokeeForum is a Great Place

I joined CherokeeForum not long after I got my first XJ. It took a while, but I have went from knowing absolutely nothing about cars to knowing how to disassemble almost anything in my Jeep and put it back together with the confidence that it has been done right.

CherokeeForum has inspired me to go above and beyond ordinary repairs for my Jeep. I have actually taken a lot of advice from senior members here on upgrades and direct swaps from other vehicles, and so far, I haven't been steered in the wrong direction once.

My once-stock Jeep now sits seven and a half inches higher from the ground than it did when it rolled off of the factory line in 1999, and it has a signature look to it that I imagined since the first day I bought it. I enjoy bringing out the best in this old machine and making it look unique and powerful in ways that other car brands just cant.

Dealing in the buying and selling part of this forum is an absolute pleasure too. Every customer that I deal with is quick on their payments and many of them send me messages showing their products installed and it makes me happy to see them enjoying it.

I would like to thank every member that has ever contributed to any one of my tech questions and all of those that follow my Jeep build, as well as those that support my small CB mount production on the side. You're all great, and I like having people to bull-**** with about Jeep stuff 24-7, even when my own friends are busy with their personal lives at home.

Keep it Jeep!
Old 01-19-2015, 09:30 PM
CF Veteran

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Engine: 4.0

You are very welcome, and thank you for being a member here also.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:34 PM
CF Veteran

Received 224 Likes on 174 Posts
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0 L

Amen to that!

Everything I know about jeeps has been learned here, as well as other forums and YouTube. I had absolutely zero knowledge of how to work on vehicles when I bought my jeep and now I feel as if I know a considerable amount more than your average recreational wrencher.

Gotta give love to everybody on here who gives nothing but helpful information day in and day out. You're all appreciated.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thatXJguy
My once-stock Jeep now sits seven and a half inches higher from the ground than it did when it rolled off of the factory line in 1999, and it has a signature look to it that I imagined since the first day I bought it. I enjoy bringing out the best in this old machine and making it look unique and powerful in ways that other car brands just cant.

And you have quite the beautiful XJ to prove it.

Yours definitely sets a goal, that others aspire to shoot for!
Old 01-20-2015, 01:56 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I started out a long time lurker/reader before i signed up.We do try hard to keep a clean and friendly forum unlike some of the others out there.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:51 PM
CF Veteran

I like Andrew lurked for a long time checking things out before signing up and proud to be a supporter also. Had been working on cars since I was 13 yrs. old and had a DL since 14. My background was racing but knew nothing about Jeeps until I bought my 04 GC and started here. I was a clean slate when it came to Jeeps my first ever and at 63 then a bit late in life.

The people here have been a constant help and a driving force in all my upgrades to date even to what model and year I wanted to buy for my first XJ that took me almost 6 mo. to find exactly what I wanted. Best of all there are always someone to point you in the right direction if a question comes up lots of real life hands on experience on deck here with many years of knowledge to draw from.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:17 PM
::CF Administrator::

Received 770 Likes on 524 Posts
Year: 97
Engine: 4.6 stroker

'Tis me favorite website. Well, second to Google search, LOL
Old 01-20-2015, 10:18 PM
::CF Administrator::

Received 770 Likes on 524 Posts
Year: 97
Engine: 4.6 stroker

Originally Posted by andrewmp6
I started out a long time lurker/reader before i signed up.We do try hard to keep a clean and friendly forum unlike some of the others out there.
Go to Pirate. Post some of the questions that get asked here on a daily. Watch results. LOL
Old 01-20-2015, 10:59 PM
CF Veteran

Yeah pirate and a few other sites will burn you alive for asking anything noobish to them.I have left a forum or two over the years because of the way people act on them.I pretty much love anything old or solid axle 4x4s.If i had the money i would own a lot of odd stuff like jay leno.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:05 PM
CF Veteran

Its the same on a lot of the racing forums and some of the worse are the young ones who think they know it all but are the slowest and have the least invested in there cars or seat time of all. Those are the ones you hate to waste your time on helping, hell no one knows it all life is just a learning experience in about everything.

Then come the older guys who don't have the time to help anyone new to the hobby those I really despise I guess because its one I have enjoyed since 1964 and know how much fun it is and can be, but cost factor has risen a lot over the years.

I just enjoy being around people who enjoy exchanging information with others who gain a lot from it, like myself and others that are easy to spot by their replies.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:10 PM
Herp Derp Jerp

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Engine: 4.0L OBD-II

CherokeeForum is actually what got me into vehicles. After I trashed my Tercel, I was trying to decide between one of two vehicles, one of them a 1999 Cherokee. Well I did my research on both of them but I found this forum. I started reading about all the cool stuff people do with these Jeeps and learned about doing my own repairs. Seemed straightforward enough. In the end it was the supportive community here that gave me the idea that I could buy an XJ and be able to do most stuff myself! Previously I paid other people for oil changes and spark plug wires were mysterious things I had no interest in. My current plans for the XJ are to fix the lift in the rear end, fix the frame, redo everything downstream of the transmission, and put a diesel in it.

Glad to see several years later it's still got that magic!
Old 01-21-2015, 02:35 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998

I've been lurking on this forum for years, but just recently started posting. Overall it's a wealth of knowledge, and has helped me through a lot of different projects. It's also directly caused me to spend a lot of money. Soon I'll be dropping another grand on a JCR bumper and Brown Dog motor mounts. The addiction never ends.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:38 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Engine: Golen 4.6 Stroker, AFE Headers, 62mm TB, 24 LB Injectors, Brown Dog kit, HF Cat, 3" Exhaust

I've been a member on a few but this one has always been my favorite. Help comes quickly and there are a ton of great writeups. There is a ton of knowledge in some of the minds here.. (cruiser is more useful than any manual).

I like that it is somewhat more controlled but somewhat more free than other forums. While you have to keep it PG13, the only thing that I know of that you can't talk about is cutting of the cat. Some forums are much more ridged in what you can talk about without getting torn apart haha.

It changes a bit here and there depending on who the mods are (ive been a posting member since 2010) but it is always my favorite.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:39 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Engine: 4.0L Inline 6

I am glad to see the positive response to this thread .

This community does a lot for its members and it's very cool to see the inter-relationships that can be had between people that need questions answered and have the knowledge to answer those questions.

This forum makes a great place to share ideas with one another, whether we see eye to eye or not, and the communication lets the free roaming of ideas run free. That's pure American right there!
Old 01-21-2015, 06:52 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: '95
Engine: 4.0 HO

Originally Posted by thatXJguy
I am glad to see the positive response to this thread . This community does a lot for its members and it's very cool to see the inter-relationships that can be had between people that need questions answered and have the knowledge to answer those questions. This forum makes a great place to share ideas with one another, whether we see eye to eye or not, and the communication lets the free roaming of ideas run free. That's pure American right there!
Amen brother!

This forum has helped me tremendously with my jeep since I got it 3-ish years ago. All the little ins and outs, and tricks of the trade I have learned came from here. Not cutting the pinch welds while fender trimming, how to route a cowl snorkel, using a pool noodle after removing fender liners, hood vents, and much more stuff like that. You can only learn these things from one place when you're a newb who just bought a heep: Cherokee Forum.

My rig would be a lot crappier if it wasn't for this place 8)

Quick Reply: CherokeeForum is a Great Place