XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

The best two days of jeep ownership...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default The best two days of jeep ownership...

The day you buy one and the day you sell it. Well that's what my father always said and as a good son im now in the market to buy a cherokee
Ive been shopping for one for almost 4 months now and while shopping have visited this forum alllmost every day or so. Im the kinda person that buys the "new" s4 the week before samsung releases the new s5.... SO i figure if im gonna drop the bills for a jeep I want to do as much research as possible before i buy one. The excitement wears off quickly when you find out you bought the worst model of something unknowingly. So as far as what Cherokee im looking for i have it down to;
1999 Cherokee Auto
4.0 L straight 6
np231 ( just because after market market)
Chrysler 8.25 rear

I plan on lifting 3 inches and having 31's on it now Ive read that i can get away with 31x10.5 with ZERO rubbing but if i go any wider I will have to do some cutting. I also plan on installing a YSE when i do the lift and skipping the TC drop. I like to do things right the first time. I also plan on installing some form of non-open diffs in the cherokee. I haven't decided whether it will be locking(auto/man) or limited slips.

Well anything ive missed that I should be looking into?

O also I have made an offer on a cherokee. well 2 owned by the same person. One is wrecked but has a perfectly intact engine. a np242 TC and a Dana 35 rear. the "running" one has a np231 and a 8.25 rear. the running jeep has a 270k miles and the wrecked one has 170k. SOoooo I planned on yanking the engine and trashing the rest of it. I offered him 2k for both.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

You have a solid plan, in sure the wheelers can add something but all I will say is forget about limited slip. From my research lsd's are hardly better than open.