XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ

Best Leaf springs for a budget?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Engine: 4.0 Inline 6
Default Best Leaf springs for a budget?

I am in need to new Leaf Springs. I am going with 4.5 in leafs because i have a 2in shackle. I am on a budget. I was looking at the Rubicon Express 4.5 in leafs and they are pretty affordable. Any one have any recommendations or how are the RE leafs for daily and every weekend offroad use?
Thanks in advance!
Old 05-30-2017, 01:29 PM
CF Veteran

Received 374 Likes on 294 Posts
Year: 1987
Model: Cherokee (XJ)

What overall lift height are you trying to get? Some springs claim to give you a certain lift but they actually give you more. My RE 3.5" leafs gave me closer to 4.5" of lift.
Old 05-30-2017, 01:32 PM

I am looking for 6.5inches of overall lift. I do have some more weight in the back and it will get heavier once i build a big supply box.
Old 05-30-2017, 02:55 PM
::CF Administrator::

Received 770 Likes on 524 Posts
Year: 97
Engine: 4.6 stroker

Originally Posted by xj_kyle
I am in need to new Leaf Springs. I am going with 4.5 in leafs because i have a 2in shackle. I am on a budget. I was looking at the Rubicon Express 4.5 in leafs and they are pretty affordable. Any one have any recommendations or how are the RE leafs for daily and every weekend offroad use?
Thanks in advance!
I have the RE 4.5 leafs. Love 'em. Both on and off road.
Old 05-30-2017, 03:08 PM
CF Veteran

Received 374 Likes on 294 Posts
Year: 1987

Originally Posted by xj_kyle
I am looking for 6.5inches of overall lift. I do have some more weight in the back and it will get heavier once i build a big supply box.
Ok so for 6.5" I would say RE 4.5" leafs and some HD offroad bolt in shackle relocation boxes. You may need to do different shackles at that point depending on what you have. I know you said your on a budget but I always say do it right the first time even if it cost more. It will ride a whole lot nicer and flex better with the relocation boxes.
Old 05-31-2017, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by 5-Speed
Ok so for 6.5" I would say RE 4.5" leafs and some HD offroad bolt in shackle relocation boxes. You may need to do different shackles at that point depending on what you have. I know you said your on a budget but I always say do it right the first time even if it cost more. It will ride a whole lot nicer and flex better with the relocation boxes.
That's what I was looking at. Right now my shackle angle is just about straight up and down and rides pretty harsh over sewers, etc. So I want to correct that to about a 45 degree angle. When I save up enough I am going to get the RE springs and the relocation boxes from ironman 4x4.
Thank you!