XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ

Anyone familiar with this brand?

Old 01-08-2010, 11:28 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2 v8
Default Anyone familiar with this brand?

To make a long story short, me and my wife came to an agreement that if i buy her a camcorder, i can get a lift. (sounds like a good deal to me lol)

Im trying to get away at a decent price for in the 3in range of lift...my xj is a DD and does moderate wheeling...and i came across this 3 in Zone lift...

http://zoneoffroad.com/product?ki=34&gr=-1

It is ringing a bell, i know ive read about it in the past, but i dont remember what i read, so does anyone own or know of these lifts?

What else would be recommended to get that may be lacking in this kit (besides a possible t-case drop)?

This would be my first time lifting something up, any info on this is appreciated!
Old 01-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999 Sport
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Have seen them on e-bay. There was somebody on here that has that same lift, can't remember who it was though.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1999 Sport

That really isn't a bad price even for the 4.5" lift. Looks like good stuff too.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:46 PM
CF Veteran

thats what i was thinking....i also remember someone having that lift, i think it was a red xj.....had some pics of some sand dunes or something after it was installed....i just cant remember who!
Old 01-08-2010, 11:54 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1996

TrekkerJmm has a 3" Zone Lift.
https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f59/xj...x7/#post123673
Old 01-08-2010, 11:56 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Defiance665
Yessir thats the name i was lookin for!! haha ill send him a pm

Also any other comments on this are still welcome
Old 01-09-2010, 07:40 AM
CF Veteran

Another question to add after ive been doing some more homework lol i know i need to add extended rear brake lines (i need to do rear lines and brakes anyways) i was gonna do front sway bar links and bushings so ill go with extended links other than that i think if i do this its between this zone lift or a 3 in rustys lift.

With that said i ask the same ? How is the rustys 3 in lift? Yes on both i will do an aal (i know its worse than a full pack but) i just wanna know as much as i can from you guys on here before making any purchases! Thanks
Old 01-09-2010, 07:43 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 90

A big portion of that price is going to be the missing stuff in the kit....

At 3 inches you are at the limit of the factory brake lines.. so for any real usage you are going to have to do something about them.

Also no bumpstops. Stock bumpstops are stock length for a reason. Without correct bumpstopping you are going to stuff those 31's right into a fender damaging the fender, the tire or both.

And 3 inch lift is the outer limit for the stock track bar. And some Jeeps won't even tolerate a 3 inch lift without track bar work.

Also at 3 inches you may see some need for lower control arms. Newer XJs are less tolerant of lifts than the earlier ones.

And let's not even talk about that half assed 4.5" AALs and Shackles???? How about they just add blocks to the kit and complete the crappy lift trifecta....

Zone is a low end lift company... They are what they are... The same quality and incomplete kits like Rusty's, Rough Country, Pro-Comp, etc. Not as bad as E-bay lifts... But still not Rubicon Express, BDS, or OME.

Last edited by whowey; 01-09-2010 at 07:45 AM.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:18 AM
CF Veteran

Thats the kind of info im lookin for. Extremely helpful so in other words either change lift size or dont screw around without well many more parts than what they make it seem like.

Is there a recommended lift you have in mind that well is 2.5-3 in that has the stuff i would need? I suppose i could change my hopes to 2.5 in to help avoid some issues

Also it is a 99 and again yes it is a dd i would like to do it but in a safe manner hence my thread... I trust the info (well most of it) that is given on here so i figured it would be a good start on planning at the veryleast
Old 01-09-2010, 10:06 AM

Year: 1998

Just thought I would share what I have learned on the forum so far.

Since I joined I have spend hours and hours searching the threads here. The jeep I just bought is for my wife and is a daily driver. She is an accountant and as crazy as it sounds she wants a little bigger tire and a little lift "just to look cool". During the searching here I have learned a lot, and have came up with a conclusion for our situation.

Tires are going to be 30 x 9.5 and I just don't want to go any larger. I'm looking for rims because my wife just doesn't like the factory ones. Anyhow, the lift is going to be the 2" lift from Rubicon Express. They seem to really have nice products.

The lift from Rubicon Express is $260
http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Suspen...px?part=RE6160

It's pretty affordable and 2" changes the look quite a bit when you consider the tire size as well. For a daily driver a 30" tire is actually quite a change all on it's own!

I'm still looking for my XJ and it will have more lift and bigger tires because I'm self employed and have a cargo van as my daily driver.

Just thought I would share how I looked at it, hope it helps! Good luck!

Mike
Old 01-09-2010, 10:56 AM
DCM

Originally Posted by mikesplumbing
Just thought I would share what I have learned on the forum so far.

Since I joined I have spend hours and hours searching the threads here. The jeep I just bought is for my wife and is a daily driver. She is an accountant and as crazy as it sounds she wants a little bigger tire and a little lift "just to look cool". During the searching here I have learned a lot, and have came up with a conclusion for our situation.

Tires are going to be 30 x 9.5 and I just don't want to go any larger. I'm looking for rims because my wife just doesn't like the factory ones. Anyhow, the lift is going to be the 2" lift from Rubicon Express. They seem to really have nice products.

The lift from Rubicon Express is $260
http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Suspen...px?part=RE6160

It's pretty affordable and 2" changes the look quite a bit when you consider the tire size as well. For a daily driver a 30" tire is actually quite a change all on it's own!

I'm still looking for my XJ and it will have more lift and bigger tires because I'm self employed and have a cargo van as my daily driver.

Just thought I would share how I looked at it, hope it helps! Good luck!

Mike
theres a write up for that lift in the four wheeler magazine with the rc long arm kit, not sure what month though...
Old 01-09-2010, 11:00 AM

Really! Was it in the last six months are are we talking years ago?

Mike
Old 01-09-2010, 11:01 AM
DCM

Originally Posted by mikesplumbing
Really! Was it in the last six months are are we talking years ago?

Mike
im talking 2 months at most

EDIT: ill go check right now, lol
Old 01-09-2010, 11:02 AM
DCM

january. red wrangler on the cover
Old 01-09-2010, 11:08 AM

Thanks!

Mike

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone familiar with this brand?