Anybody Deal With Antenna-X?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Moderator of Jeeps

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1993 YJ Wrangler
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default Anybody Deal With Antenna-X?

I ordered a short antenna from Antenna-X and it got to my place really quickly. I was running early that morning so I decided to throw it on before work. Hand tightened + a quarter turn with a wrench = snapped antenna. As soon as I got home that day, I sent them an email explaining what happened and asking about their return/replacement policy. It's been over a week without a response, and I even sent a polite reminder email yesterday. Now I'm looking for a new thingamajig to mount and screw my stock antenna into since I have the base of the aftermarket stuck in mine. </rant>
Anyway, I try to give people/companies the benefit of the doubt, but I'm getting pretty frustrated by their lack of support. Any input?
Old 10-02-2013, 06:02 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Model: Cherokee

You ever get an answer on this? I'm having a really hard time installing mine for some reason. Like the threads don't line up.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:05 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Model: Cherokee

None of the screws in the package fit. The threading was all wrong. I ended up going with a screw that was just a little bit small and using a good amount of Loctite to secure it and keep it in place. Scarred up the bottom pretty good trying to get the coupling in, but covering it with a little bedliner matched it up with the rest of the Jeep pretty nicely.

I haven't really heard any good or bad reviews of the Antenna-X and that's kind of surprising. It seems like it's readily available but no one talks about it. Hm...

So far, the channels come in perfectly clear for me. No problems at all other than the install.