Any of ya'll ordered from these guys?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 09:09 PM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I-6 4.0 HO
Default Any of ya'll ordered from these guys?

Hopefully I'll be doin a suspension overhaul soon (Lord knows my 22 year old 207k mile parts need it... looks like nothing has ever been changed as far as bushings, coil springs, etc.). I'm also gonna try and swing a 2" lift while I'm at it, using front coil spacers and an AAL since I'll have a new leaf pack to start with.

I thought about ordering these guys right here:

http://thesuspensionking.com/catalog...rplbec0a8tkla4

After shipping and taxes, I estimate a cost of a little over $200 for heavy duty brand new leafs with all bushings included. Good deal right? I was gonna order from Quadratec, but their springs cost more and no bushings included. Add in shipping...

Anyways, I just wanted to see if anyone had ordered from thesuspenionking before and if so what do you think? Good? Bad?

Also, if anyone knows of a place for new coil springs for less than $75 (heavy duty AutoZone springs), let me know. I'm trying to be as budget as possible so I can do the whole suspension.

Thanks guys!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:41 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 97
Engine: 4.0L

Never heard of them but if you take new heavy duty leaves and add an aal it's going to ride like a tank. Couldn't tell if they were selling the leaves individual or in pairs but for a little more you can just buy lift springs and not have to worry about the aal drooping after a year or so.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:27 AM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Year: 1991
Engine: I-6 4.0 HO

Originally Posted by xjmarc
Never heard of them but if you take new heavy duty leaves and add an aal it's going to ride like a tank. Couldn't tell if they were selling the leaves individual or in pairs but for a little more you can just buy lift springs and not have to worry about the aal drooping after a year or so.
Quality AAL's won't droop instantly like cheaper counterparts or AAL's installed on worn out leafs. As far as HD springs and AAL's riding like a tank, the spring rate of the HD leak pack is only like 90lbs more than the standard ones. And considering my current stock crap bounces and bangs at every bump...

In regards to the 2" lift packs, they simply aren't in the budget unless you can find me some with bushings pre-installed or included. The OME 2" leafs are more expensive in a pair than the setup I am considering, and they don't include bushings. To be honest, after crunching numbers, I don't even know if the lift will be doable. Factor in the costs of the new shocks (which I need), need leafs (which I need), new coil springs (which I need), and probably every bushing up front AND sway bar end links, I'm looking at something in the ballpark of $400+.