Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 04:40 PM
CF Veteran

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Amp mounting location

I thought I would share where and how I mounted my amp.

I got a MB Quart OA1100.5 amp. It's a decent size, and I wanted to mounted it where it could get plenty of air, and was out of the way. I didn't want it on the back seat either, because I do fold it down and utilize the space from time to time. The amp also wouldn't fit on the sub box, and even if it did I wouldn't want to put it on the box due to vibrations and such.

The Solution:

I mounted it where the spare tire used to be. To see if it could be done I took the panel off, and saw that I could remove the mount, which was 3 bolts IIRC, and after which I ran all my wires behind this panel. to mount it, I didn't use the screws that it came with, but instead bought some bolts, nuts, and washers from home depot. I stacked 4 washers in between the amp and the plastic just to give it some space for air, and why not? I was only able to use 3 of the mounting points because of it's size, but I can rock the whole Jeep with it, so it's on there pretty good.

I drilled 2 holes for wires to get to the amp. one on both sides of the amp. the RCAs and sub gain remote wire came from the back and you cant even see the hole from behind. The other hole is on a little flat section in front of the amp. The power, ground, and control/remote wire come from here. I will be getting little rubber grommets from the hardware store to put in these holes to keep it "clean" looking. The ground is also mounted right behind the plastic.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:43 PM
CF Veteran

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L

I still havent ran the speaker wires just yet because i am refinishing my soundbars and will do it then. So for now i just have some wires showing. Me and my buddy are also thinking of making a fiberglass cover which will cover all the wires on the side with the power wire. Will post pics when we do it.

Also, i got an angled screwdriver which i'm using to tune the amp. It works pretty well.
Attached Thumbnails Amp mounting location-image-3028852013.jpg