Fabrication & builders section. All fabrication posts go here.
XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ Only projects go here. Questions belong in modified tech.

need help with 1994 ideas...

Old 03-09-2011, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default need help with 1994 ideas...

i have a few ideas that i want to try on my 94 cherokee, but im new to this and wanted to make sure they werent too crazy...

first off my cherokee is not and will never be street legal, so as long as i am not comprimising strength and its functional, i dont care much about looks.

1st: flex and ride height. i want to acheive better flex with the 31's i have on the jeep, but they are too big. i was thinking about cutting or completely removing the front quarter panels and putting an exo around the edge of the hood? basically talking tire clearance to get the axles to the stops...

i dont really want to lift the jeep too much, and a good way to stay low and flex good is shackles, correct or incorrect?

2nd: front bumper/stinger. i was thinking about bolting brackets to the frame, with a 4" tall - 1/2" thick peice of flat steel that is as wide as the jeep and have a stinger welded to that with whatever supports i can think of. in other words tough, keep me off my front end, and can crash through saplings and brush to blaze new trails... anyone care to put in any imput on what i should change?

3rd: half doors made of tubing... ideas? pictures?

thanks in advance for any help, like i said i dont know much about offroad parts, and i havent had time to get the jeep torn apart due to work, so i appologize if any of this looks really dumb.
brandon

Last edited by brpcherokee; 03-09-2011 at 06:39 PM.