Fabrication & builders section. All fabrication posts go here.
XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ Only projects go here. Questions belong in modified tech.

fabrications

Old 03-29-2011, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Post fabrications

Do you all know any1 that can make me a custom front n rear fiberglass bumper? Also can I put interior parts from a 97+ jeep into my 95? Also is there a way i can get everything to be powered?
Old 03-29-2011, 10:12 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1987
Engine: rebuilt straight 6

1st, i personally think fiber glass bumpers suck, they are week and uselss. If your not ganna stick with stock get some real steel bumpers. They work and look great, plus there are people all over who can make or sell one to you. (personal opinion)
2nd, i have know idea about interior parts in anything above 92, sorry. (all of my interior is custom anyways)
3rd, the only thing i can recommend about powering is do it yourself. if you can find a jeep with powered parts that you can grap scraps out of, just take it and customize it. (But for that much trouble id recommend just getting a newer jeep)
My opinions and recommendations, wish you the best.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:28 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0

3 questions, 1 word answer......SEARCH

if you scour enough, you'll end up finding out 97+ parts are constantly getting swapped into pre-97's.....hell, not even just xj parts.....zj seats, yj flares, etc.

it might take actual effort in some cases

fiberglass bumpers doesn't seem like a smart investment....unless you're xj is lowered & ridin on 20's....in which case, i think you're in the wrong forum....why do u want fiberglass bumpers??

not to bash ya, but honestly newb....have ideas? learn to search....i bet most things you'll think of have been done
Old 03-29-2011, 10:58 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0

97+ have different window regulators. ie they are a 2 wire push pull set up where your 95 is not. wiring it take relays and a ton of time. i wouldnt mess with making them power unless you really really want them. if you decide to i can walk you alittle bit through the wiring but it takes a ton of effort to make it work