Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

ZJ Computer...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Question ZJ Computer...

Hello, I have a question, where is the best place to buy a new ECM computer? What to stay away from? Brand? Online. Purchase? Etc,...Need one for a 97 Grand Cherokee i6 and my friends 98 v8 . Both have been scanned at shop and ECM is bad,thanks for your help and have a good day!
Old 02-11-2017, 03:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 I6

I get 99% of my parts from Amazon.
Amazon Automotive Amazon Automotive
You can enter your vehicle and search for only parts that fit it. I've only had one issue with fitment where the part had changed halfway through a production year.
2 day shipping is very common, and free if you have a Prime account. They have a great return policy and generally will pay for return shipping.
Shameless Prime Referral Shameless Prime Referral

You'll be getting a re-manufactured ECM probably, so 'brand' is just who fixed it. I'd go off of product reviews in that case.
Old 02-11-2017, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0

Thanks for your help, have a good day, will be in contact with you on here in the future
Old 02-12-2017, 05:09 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Model: Cherokee

I would go to a pull your own part junk yard. Find one that matches yours, I have heard that option packages can go through the computer, not sure if the Grand Cherokee has a body control module also. If you buy new you can probably get a little better performance computer. Does Dyna make automotive computers? I know they are expensive, even for stock. Think about any upgrades you may plan on doing, like a turbo, or cold air intake, or exhaust upgrades, the stock ECM can handle the changes usually but a performance ECM would enhance. FYI a guy on Clarksville TN Craigslist has two 64mm turbos for sale at 200 each, lol