Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

troubleshooting/discovery

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 11:20 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Model: Cherokee
Default troubleshooting/discovery

I recently decided to put some money and effort in a 96 grand Cherokee. It has a good look already, a 3" lift already I'm guessing, and was bought at a low enough price for investment room.
I put an engine in it, fixed a lot of random things, the engine is a 5.9 from a 95 or 96 dodge truck. I am still doing a lot of maintenance stuff and fixing problems and haven't even started on the electronics. I have the oil gauge not working, the center console thing not working, sun roof not working, drivers seat not working, stereo removed and possibly goofed up wiring as it had the factory amp under the seat and obviously it had been changed. The temp gauge is always reading hot, around 210, but the engine seams fine. I have a few electric fans and want to upgrade that, so as I am working on this I probably will have a few questions, or even some helpful findings lol. I just hope the wiring wasn't butchered and cut too short in spots to splice and heat shrink if need be. I guess my first step is look at the fuse box lol