Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Stalling issues/losing power

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee(SJ)
Default Stalling issues/losing power

Hey guys, question here about my grand cherokee 94'. I have two separate but maybe the same?? issues.

I'm having issues with my jeep stalling while i'm idling in drive. When i'm pulling up to a stoplight it will want to stall and I must now put it in neutral and it doesn't do it. If it does stall it usually starts back up no problem. Backing the story up a bit, while idling in drive it used to "almost" stall. like the RPM's would all of a sudden go way down and the jeep would rumble and then go right back to normal. It was like this for a few months but now it has progressed to much worse.

Second issue is from battery power. Again, the issue started off not that bad and infrequent and short bursts to now it lasts a lot longer. When driving or sometimes when i start it up, none of my gauges work except for battery and gas, the lights inside are dim, headlights are dim, radio in and out, just no power. the battery gauge reads low during these lulls. But I drive it and interestingly the stalling issue is lessened and my jeep idles smoother. then all of a sudden the gauges and everything just come to life like nothing was wrong and it works great! it has started to become more frequent with larger amounts of time with no power. When this happens my ABS light is flickering on and off and sometimes the air bag light as well. Also I found weirdly that the E brake when pulled slightly or alot will do weird things with it as well. like it will gain a little power when E brake is pulled just a touch but not to regular power.

Any thoughts? Also was this the right forum for this problem?