Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Slighlty used late 90's grand?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Slighlty used late 90's grand?

A co worker of my fiance has a "late 90's Grand Cherokee with toasted brakes and the heater, defroster, and A/C does not work..." I have yet to take a look at it, but being an addict, probably will by the end of the week.
$700 to much for them to be asking?
--Todd--
Old 06-25-2009, 12:42 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

Originally Posted by redhandstudios
A co worker of my fiance has a "late 90's Grand Cherokee with toasted brakes and the heater, defroster, and A/C does not work..." I have yet to take a look at it, but being an addict, probably will by the end of the week.
$700 to much for them to be asking?
--Todd--
No. You'll know when you see it how much you want to GIVE for it. The HVAC issues are all connected. They have 4 wheel coil spring suspension w/control arms, and that one should have 4 wheel disc brakes.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The HVAC issues could all be related to the HVAC control module on the bottom of the Unit if its an ATC ( Auto Temp Control ) unit, or the resistor card if its not. Either way the servicable parts are located on the bottom of the HVAC ( blower wheel, etc... ) unit behind/under the glove box on the passenger side. I have a busted driver side blend door on my HVAC unit ( Really Sux cause I don't get heat to that side in the winter - its cold all the time ). I speak from experience because my ATC control module crapped out on me as well, Jeep GC's are notorious for corroding/breaking at the connetors there under the HVAC. Anyways the ATC module is less than $200 bones and a little wiring work, a resistor and/or boneyard blower motor w/ wheel is even less (think I got mine for $25 bucks ). If it gets too much more intense than that you're rollin an IP and its probably not worth it for any HVAC fixes - but the rest of the vehicle could be worth the price, thats just what I know about HVAC.

Good luck on the rest of it...
Old 06-26-2009, 01:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by RHStorm11
The HVAC issues could all be related to the HVAC control module on the bottom of the Unit if its an ATC ( Auto Temp Control ) unit, or the resistor card if its not. Either way the servicable parts are located on the bottom of the HVAC ( blower wheel, etc... ) unit behind/under the glove box on the passenger side. I have a busted driver side blend door on my HVAC unit ( Really Sux cause I don't get heat to that side in the winter - its cold all the time ). I speak from experience because my ATC control module crapped out on me as well, Jeep GC's are notorious for corroding/breaking at the connetors there under the HVAC. Anyways the ATC module is less than $200 bones and a little wiring work, a resistor and/or boneyard blower motor w/ wheel is even less (think I got mine for $25 bucks ). If it gets too much more intense than that you're rollin an IP and its probably not worth it for any HVAC fixes - but the rest of the vehicle could be worth the price, thats just what I know about HVAC.

Good luck on the rest of it...
Thanks! Knowledge of those who have gone first is awesome!