Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

relocating cold air intake to the firewall on a94 zj

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 94
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Question relocating cold air intake to the firewall on a94 zj

im trying to do a cowl indution intake on the firewall on my 94 zj..ive searched and serched and all ive found is info on xjs wich have a flat firewall and the zj is kind of limited for room (firewall isnt flat) i was hoping that someone has done this already and has some pics of it being done,ive already found a spot to do it but im looking for any better ideas that would work and look better....im sure some one has done or tried this so i would apprciate any info on this subject ,ps.im also tryin to avoid regular snorkels cause of all the damn trees around here and i know i would just destroy it anyways
Old 06-13-2011, 11:39 AM
CF Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0 with all of the noise and clatter

Never seen it done on a ZJ, but you have to remember there is the windshield wiper linkage in the cowl that takes up a lot of room.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:10 PM

Year: 94
Engine: 4.0
Default air intake

well i started doing it and took off the plastic cowl and all the winsheild wiper **** is on the drivers side but the pass side is completly open. i bought one of those plastic hose conecter for the air intake from the zone and mounted it on the passenger side and im going to put one on the inside with a elbow and a cone filter,i think itll work ,i was just trying to look for other ideas and im sure someone has done this before, i was just looking for diffrent ways or problems that i might run into before i really got started...i will post pics wen im done.hopefully this setup will work and im not wasting time and $$
Old 06-13-2011, 05:52 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1994
Engine: 5.2L

I saw it done on one the forums a long time ago as part of a snorkel. It can be done, post up pic's after your done, eventually I'd like to do a snorkel, but I have alot more ahead of that on the "to-do" list.